The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The All New More and More Fun With Digital M Images

stevem8

Re: The All New More and More Fun w/M8 Images

Thanks guys! David, I don't know?!? Whenever I shoot ISO 1250 in a restaurant I seem to get great results! Seriously. All I did was process the RAW in ACR using the defaults actually, no extra NR or anything. Then I converted to BW using Color Efex Pro (Not Silver Efex) - resized and that was it.

I usually do not have much of an issues with 1250 but I try to stay away from 2500. I took this same shot with the D-Lux 4 but have not looked at it yet.

Thx!

Steve

cam

Cam..you were right. I love this 28 Cron...

M8, 28 at F2, ISO 1250
i'm so glad you're enjoying it! i just wish i could see your image?

i'm in an absolute conundrum of what my next lens is going to be.... i'm still not happy with my handle on the M8 (i honestly never thought a camera could be so lovely and brutal -- all at the same time). i need to be more comfortable with it to really make an informed decision.

it's fascinating me, however, to see the basic draw of a particular lens as it goes from the R-D1 to the M8 to the M2.

my three favourite lenses, in this regard, have been the 21/3.4 Super Angulon, the Nocti, and the 75 Lux.... however, i finally pulled out my first purchased lens, a 50 Lux pre-asph (very early v.2) and was completely blown away with the way it rendered on the M8. sharp but gentle, with an ethereal quality that is so distinct.

i realise us M8 users are, sigh, becoming extinct here. luckily, there are a few hanging on and a few others like myself that are new and loving it.

i am thinking about starting separate Fun w/M8 at distinct focal lengths so people can easily see differences between lenses at lengths they're considering. for example:
12-18mm
21mm
24/25mm
35-40mm
50mm
75mm
85/90mm
105-135mm

is this too spread out? what are other peoples thoughts on this?

otumay

I think it's a very good idea to start separate threads for different lenses/perspectives. That way we could get a good idea of a lens we might be planning to buy.
Osman

DavidE

Three more from the NAB/Vegas trip. All with the 18mm.

The second one was shot at ISO 1250. Inspired by Steve's excellent portrait at 1250, I took a look at the images I shot at 640 and 1250. I converted a few with Silver Efex Pro, and this one came out OK.

[My server tends to be slow. You may have to hit the refresh button if the images don't load the first time.]

stevem8

Hey David, that 1250 shot looks good! Love your vegas shots with that 18!

stevem8

Some new concert and event shots

Donated my time for a fundraiser yesterday and of course used my M8.

Motown Band The Voices...

50 Lux ASPH the light was good.

Peter Cetera (known mainly as the lead singer from the band Chicago in the 70s-80's)

50 Lux ASPH wide open - the light was HORRIBLE!! ISO 640

Ill have a blog post later with more images and the whole story behind the event and my experience shooting it. I can say this..it was not nearly as enjoyable as shooting the Seal show.

Stuart Richardson

Regardless of whether you enjoyed it, those are some really excellent concert images. Getting people in good expressions is really hard, and that first one and the last one are superb. The others are also good!

stevem8

Thanks Stuart! I enjoyed most of the day, just had some issues at one point that I thought were ridiculous. I just put up a blog post about it on my site including more images and the story behind this now yearly event in Chicago. Thanks

Steve

stevem8

Thanks Stuart! I enjoyed most of the day, just had some issues at one point that I thought were ridiculous. I just put up a blog post about it on my site including more images and the story behind this now yearly event in Chicago. Thanks

Steve

TRSmith

Subscriber Member

Now for something entirely different! With the help of a friend, I've started work on a small tractor shed that will also house lots of the assorted equipment and gear I've accumulated to manage my little property.

This is not even in the same league as the other photos in this thread (superb photos, everyone!), but I thought it might be interesting to post a few snaps as the work progresses.

The shed will simply sit on a few granite slabs, recovered from an ancient cellar hole with the help of a winch. More to follow...

Tim

One last image from Joshua Tree. I shot this looking almost directly into the sun with a 21mm lens on my M8.

Last edited: