The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The All New More and More Fun With Digital M Images

ecliffordsmith

Re: The All New More and More Fun w/M8 Images

Hi All,

Here are a few more. These are either of the General Electric building, part of the Rockefeller centre or from the top of it. Anybody care to guess what happened to the sky about 1 hour after I took these images?

ecliffordsmith

Hi All,

Right, last two from me today. The first is a fire escape on the front of a building in the Soho cast iron district and the second is of the cathederal in my home city.

stevem8

I'm really glad I asked - good story, nice shot

Osman, you shouldn't be showing shots like that, it isn't kind. Partly because you'll make us all want the lens, but mostly because we'll all want to go to Istanbul!

Steve - fab bird shot - the bokeh is lovely - those summarit lenses are obviously a great deal. The only pity with the 75 is that it doesn't focus so closely.
Thanks Jono, yea the only niggle I have with it is its 2.5 and it doesnt focus as close as the 50 Lux - Ill have a 75 Cron or Lux one day...

M

MEB

I don't know how many of you have seen the results of a major fire. This is the scene of a fire that consumed a brand new 4 story hotel. The fire is presumed to be an arson. The men are police detectives who specialize in investigation of arson cases.
M8 with Leica 28/f2.8 Elmarit ASPH, processed with Lightroom and Silver Efex Pro.
Thanks for looking.

Mark B (East Lansing, Michigan)

ElvisKennedy

Made a quick detour to take in this fine scene yesterday (1st picture). Then, while trying to get quickly back on my way I encountered this not so fine scene (picture 2). Both M8.2 with 28 2.8ASPH.

Last edited:

Lloyd

Made a quick detour to take in this fine scene yesterday (1st picture). Then, while trying to get quickly back on my way I encountered this not so fine scene (picture 2). Both M8.2 with 28 2.8ASPH.
Must be going around. I saw the same thing in my rearview yesterday, except the flashing lights were on a vehicle of the two-wheeled variety. Got a slap on the hand, fortunately... hope you came out ok as well.

Reynolds

Workshop Member

Folks:

Was at the beach with friends and family this past weekend. Here's Peter with new son, Win. Just really grabbed me! Hope you enjoy!

f 10

Folks:

Was at the beach with friends and family this past weekend. Here's Peter with new son, Win. Just really grabbed me! Hope you enjoy!
Hi Reynolds,
really nice:thumbup:
When I saw your picture, i reminded me of my holidays in France

Last edited:

otumay

Reynolds,
What a moving picture! Thank you very very much for sharing it with us.
Kind regards,
Osman

ecliffordsmith

Hi Lloyd/Elvis,

Sorry to hear about your close scrapes there! Judging by your framing within the mirror you were still pretty calm though Elvis!

Reynolds,

I think you have taken a photograph there that will be considered priceless in the family records.

Mark,

A far less pleasant subject of course but nicely documented.

ElvisKennedy

Judging by your framing within the mirror you were still pretty calm though Elvis!
Funny thing about that picture. The rear view mirror is pretty close so I actually had to hold the camera at forehead height and 4-6 inches to the left to get the framing right. Took about 4 attempts. I kept thinking that the deputy would not be happy about my photography. But he was very pleasant, didn't mention the camera and asked that I keep an eye on my speed in the future. No harm, no foul.