The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

M9 grip?

francishmt

I think the M9 uses the same grip as the M8.2.

The only question is, if you have the steel grey M9, don't have have a mismatch of colour if you choose the silver base plate grip? I don't think there is a steel grey grip available, or is there?

Can anyone comment the fit of the M8.2 grip on the M9 as well?

Double Negative

Not Available
^ I would say the same. I picked up the grip for the M8 and it's a little... Hokey.

Same grip can be used on the M9. I'm sure Leica will release a "steel grey" version in due time. I suppose you could use the old "chrome" one for now.

Knorp

I think the M9 uses the same grip as the M8.2.

The only question is, if you have the steel grey M9, don't have have a mismatch of colour if you choose the silver base plate grip? I don't think there is a steel grey grip available, or is there?

Can anyone comment the fit of the M8.2 grip on the M9 as well?
Yes the M8 base plates will fit the M9 and yes you will have a chrome/steel-grey colour mismatch but hey the dials and levers are also chrome ! And you keep €230 in your pocket ...

BTW the Steel-Grey grip can already be found on Meister Camera Berlin.

Kind regards.