The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

M9 users review coming

dfarkas

Workshop Member
Here's the M9 supply situation right now:

The first M9 shipment was expected to arrive at Leica USA today after clearing customs. There were 20 cameras in it. No dealer will get more than one and most dealers will get none. (We will be getting one out of this shipment)

We've been told that deliveries to the US will be coming on a weekly basis from here forward.

David

JSK Rangefinder

Here's the M9 supply situation right now:

The first M9 shipment was expected to arrive at Leica USA today after clearing customs. There were 20 cameras in it. No dealer will get more than one and most dealers will get none. (We will be getting one out of this shipment)

We've been told that deliveries to the US will be coming on a weekly basis from here forward.

David
Coming from you David I don't have to double check elsewhere, but I was told I'm getting both M9s next week and I ordered from the same dealer. Anyways I don't need to put pressure
I'll be OK with one next week.

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
David two quick questions . Little worried about battery for Friday how many frames you think before battery expires. I'm afraid Leica may have only sent me one. Forgot to ask for a second battery. Second question 16gb card I figure 400 uncompressed shots?

stevem8

Cant wait to see your thoughts on it Guy. Always enjoyed your M8 tests and posts. You know you will want one after you test it!

Guy Mancuso

We have the best members on the planet here . Mark and Charlie just offered to send batteries and whatever else I needed even a whole M8 with lens kit. I am going to wait on the M8 right now I decided. rather get as much done with the M9 than i will have a chance again at both of them together real soon. I actually have a job Friday,Monday and Tuesday so I don't want to overload myself too much and rather shoot the M9 again on Saturday and get some test done and post some reports

You guys are tops

Oh BTW the M8 that was to be sent was one of mine. I have more gear with my fingerprints on it than I care to think about. That is just too funny

Guy Mancuso

Cant wait to see your thoughts on it Guy. Always enjoyed your M8 tests and posts. You know you will want one after you test it!
Thanks Steve i do things pretty different so hopefully it will add to the already good reviews out there.

dfarkas

Workshop Member
David two quick questions . Little worried about battery for Friday how many frames you think before battery expires. I'm afraid Leica may have only sent me one. Forgot to ask for a second battery. Second question 16gb card I figure 400 uncompressed shots?
As I mentioned in my review (hint, hint ;)), a battery and 16GB card track almost exactly, resulting in about 410 uncompressed DNGs per battery/card.

Good luck with your test. :thumbup:

David

Guy Mancuso

I actually went in to look. Seriously

Btw hot shot yours was the only one I read and Jonos of course. You did a nice job.

Seriously I don't like to read them before I try them. I know weird but i'm a gluten for punishment

Guy Mancuso

Just seeing if anyone is paying attention. LOL

You know if i don't keep you folks laughing than i won't have a job around here anymore.

fotografz

Look forward to seeing the results, Guy.

Certainly would be nice to here an update as to US availability of the M9 ... the dealers are kind of quiet.
Limited quanities available this week. Something like 20 for the entire USA.

My dealer is getting one, the only one in New England according to the rep. ... and I'm getting it. :thumbup:

mwalker

Subscriber Member
Limited quanities available this week. Something like 20 for the entire USA.

My dealer is getting one, the only one in New England according to the rep. ... and I'm getting it. :thumbup:
Lucky you Marc, Lets see.... if the dealers get one per week I'll have mine in....52 weeks :thumbs:

Guy Mancuso

Good for you, Marc ... could be a fun weekend ahead.
I think we will see a lot of results, also to see two of us beating these things up for work . Can't wait

Marc check your firmware when you open it up and update to the 1.02 if not already there.

Paratom

got mine last Thursday-love it from moment1 and smashed it on a street during a wedding since the strap did loosen (maybe I havent fixed it right).
It looks like it survived working fine but with serious marks on the button, back and top left side and with me being quit grumpy for the rest of the wedding. :angry:
My advice to everybody: make sure you fix those straps propperly. I feel the plastic clamps are more loose than in earlier times.
I am looking forward to you findings about the M9 Guy.

charlesphoto

got mine last Thursday-love it from moment1 and smashed it on a street during a wedding since the strap did loosen (maybe I havent fixed it right).
It looks like it survived working fine but with serious marks on the button, back and top left side and with me being quit grumpy for the rest of the wedding. :angry:
My advice to everybody: make sure you fix those straps propperly. I feel the plastic clamps are more loose than in earlier times.
I am looking forward to you findings about the M9 Guy.
One word: Upstrap. The best $35 investment you can make for a $7000 camera. Or a $700 one for that matter.