The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

M9 users review coming

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Mike, If you look at the foliage on top of the tree (next to the building and at lower center of the frame) you could notice a bunch going blue-green as opposed just being green. The same is apparent on the top right foliage.

I understand this is an extreme example (16mm FL) and I would expect it to be gone/unnoticeable by ~28mm FL.

This could be a manifestation of the "cyan drift" stemming from IR + light fall off (camera and lens respectively).
Well it could all be firmware as well David and crew had pre- production firmware which as a old Leica beta tester on firmware could have radically change when it went into production and I think David mentioned somewhere he had something off in the menu on his WATE shots but can't be sure.

Guy Mancuso

Let's see what we can dig up with the 24 lux which we do know it has some Ca wide open. Marc might see something as well when he shoots this weekend with his. I think between us there will be a lot of variety in types of images and we still may have a member or so getting a M9 this week too.

Guy Mancuso

The DMR was really a Bible. I still contend maybe the best image maker around in 35mm, now the M9 might take it's spot. No I am not a CMOS fan as much as I have tried i still want CCD. Reason i like Leica and MF gear.

etrigan63

I am happy to report that I will be adding my own M9 and (cross your fingers) S2 reviews as well in the near future.

Vivek, I am not going to judge based on that image uploaded to (and most likely mangled by) Picasa Web Galleries (the default gallery for Blogger blogs). I saw the original on David's laptop at 100% and I have to say it held up extremely well. David's laptop has a high-gamut screen and is color calibrated (Dell Precision Mobile Workstation - yikes!) just to remove those variables from the equation.

dfarkas

Workshop Member
I am happy to report that I will be adding my own M9 and (cross your fingers) S2 reviews as well in the near future.

Vivek, I am not going to judge based on that image uploaded to (and most likely mangled by) Picasa Web Galleries (the default gallery for Blogger blogs). I saw the original on David's laptop at 100% and I have to say it held up extremely well. David's laptop has a high-gamut screen and is color calibrated (Dell Precision Mobile Workstation - yikes!) just to remove those variables from the equation.
Thanks for chiming in, Carlos. I also printed the file in question at 20x30 for our 9/9/9 event, if you recall.

David

V

Vivek

I look forward to those as well.:) I hope the samples won't be mangled by picasa galleries and my color corrected monitor is ready to view them.

jonoslack

Hi All
I've got a whole bunch of landscapes taken with the WATE over the last couple of weeks in Crete - big blue skies should be worst for colour shift . . I haven't seen any yet, but I haven't had time to go through everything on a proper monitor (I'll be doing that over the weekend).

My feeling is that it does a better job than one might expect. I'll try and post some corner crops as well.

jonoslack

Hi Jono,

This is one (16mm) looks similar:

http://www.slack.co.uk/m9/suffolk/large-6.html

and this one (in the same set, 28mm) is simply a superb shot!:clap:

http://www.slack.co.uk/m9/suffolk/large-9.html

I look forward to your recent captures as well. :)

Hi Vivek - Both of these shots (but especially the first one) have been subject to a fair bit of post processing (surprise surprise). Certainly you shouldn't construe anything about 16mm performance from the first shot (it is pretty seriously cropped as well - sometimes you have to grab the shot with wot you got!)

Guy Mancuso

I know working on some of it now. Just got back from getting aquatinted again. It's hidden for the moment. LOL

V

Vivek

Please throw in a couple of IR shots (if you still have those filters) while you still have the camera! :)

jonoslack

Hi there
Here is a shot with the WATE (at 16mm)

Here is a 100% crop from the bottom left corner

and another from the right (a bit nearer the middle)