The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Peter Karbe interview from LL

pcunite

I was somewhat struck that he did not have every detail regarding the S2 lenses memorized. Perhaps he was playing daft to keep secret what should be kept secret. Also he did not answer the question of where the S2 lenses are going to be made.

gero

that was very good to see, I was not so interested in the S autofocus and would have liked more on M lenses since I am more familiar with those (like wa's sumiluxes and the differences from M & reflex ws's). Also what is the limit of the pixel-size in sensors for M lenses?

He looked to me as to keeping to a lot of design parameters of designs of Leica in past and just implementing the changes that where necessary for a specific purpose. I guess this is the correct thing to do in a company with so much history but I would maybe like to see some radical design ideas from time to time:
a la cart blades?
also what he sees in the future in the relationship of digital sensors & lens design? Round sensors?

It be grate to have a seminar with him.

Last edited: