The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Leica chief speaks of removal of Lee

woodyspedden

Technophile is good....those older Contax lenses were very good.

Picture the uproar if Leica introduced AF for the M(x).....Not only would it make all of their present lenses obsolete, but if they were clever enough to figure a mechanical "fix" to permit AF, what would it be like sending lenses back to Solms for THAT work, given the nightmare and headaches for the rather simple "coding" work many suffered through?

That is a bigger disaster in waiting. IMHO. Now, if there was a completely new configuration, like the old Contax, that might work, but it goes back to one of the original questions.....is there enough interest and buyers to sustain that sort of thing? Based on Contax's history, apparently not. Sort of like grass-eating snakes....seems like they could exist, yet evolution has not seen that success, or if it had, they are not around anymore ;-)

I still have my G1 and G2 and the usual stable of lenses (21/28/35/45/90) and if there is any interest out there would love to sell the entire kit. Let me know

Woody
LJ

I still have my G1 and G2 and the usual stable of lenses (21/28/35/45/90) and if there is any interest out there would love to sell the entire kit. Let me know

Woody

E

espressogeek

Contax and Zeiss need to get together and produce the digital love child, the DG camera. Those contax/zeiss lenses would be lovely. On the other hand the RD-1 is so close to a fantastic camera someone really needs to pick up the design and reissue it with a larger sensor at the very least.