The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Sensor cleaning on the M9

Mike Hatam

Senior Subscriber Member
For those with the M9...

Is the "sensor clean" menu option working for you? I can't seem to get it to work. I'm doing the same thing I used to do on the M8...

Select "Sensor Cleaning" from the main menu
Choose "Yes"
I get the message "Press release button. After inspection, switch off camera"

But when I press the shutter release, the shutter does not stay open. It just fires a normal shot, and the shutter closes as on a normal shot.

I must be doing something wrong, but can't figure out what it is.

Any ideas?

Mike

Mike Hatam

Senior Subscriber Member
Problem solved. I needed a battery that was fully charged. I did not get a "low battery" warning, but that was the problem.

bradhusick

FYI: I picked up one of those gummy on a stick cleaners from the Leica assembly video. I haven't tried it yet. Adorama has them (via amazon for me.) I figured if it's good enough for Solms...

beamon

FYI: I picked up one of those gummy on a stick cleaners from the Leica assembly video. I haven't tried it yet. Adorama has them (via amazon for me.) I figured if it's good enough for Solms...
Can you buy extra white cleaning papers, Brad, or are you supposed to scrap the gummy head when the cleaning papers run out and buy a new complete kit?

Terry

Would you please post the Amazon link? Funny, the most exposed sensor my G1 hasn't needed cleaning in the 11 months I've owned it. My Sony know how to pick up dust!

glenerrolrd

Workshop Member
Brad Thanks for the heads up. You started a run on these kits. On amazon the adorama price is now $89 but if you use your link and order direct its still $28.

beamon

Ordered, yesterday, from Adorama and they're on back order. It appears that they will be the same $27.95 price when they come in.