The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

2 weeks with the M9 in Crete

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Unusually many great photos, Jono, even after your standard. I'm sure it's a great camera, but I suspect that the photographer may have something with it to do as well ;)

Still, I might sign up with any religion that promises free M9s to all, in this life or the next :angel:

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Hi Guy
You're right - they're good. I haven't spent much time with LR, but with Aperture they are also good . . . but both programs need the camera specific adjustments that Phase got in first. With the M8 they were never perfect, blowing too soon and losing detail (in C1 as well).

I'd been using a little poetic license with some of those shots (always a mistake with a new camera) and Kevin, quite rightly, had put me on the spot.
:shocked::eek::cry:
yes hopefully soon the correct profiles and updates will come to those programs and color issue will just fade away. C1 with the profile just nails it and the others I am sure will also when ready

jonoslack

Unusually many great photos, Jono, even after your standard. I'm sure it's a great camera, but I suspect that the photographer may have something with it to do as well ;)

Still, I might sign up with any religion that promises free M9s to all, in this life or the next :angel:
Hi Jorgen
Thank you - please tell me the religion in question . . . I'll meet you at the temple!

skimmel

2) I have a 90 elmarit which is the first leica lens I ever bought, and which has almost never been used. My 75 'cron was probably the most used lens on the M8. Since I've had the M9, the roles have been reversed. Worth mentioning that I didn't much like the 50 on the M8, but am loving it on the M9. So, if you want my advice, if you like a 50 on the M8 keep both, if you don't then sell the 75, either way, don't sell the 90 'cron until you're sure you don't want it . . . and then, if you don't want it . . . sell it to me!
Thanks. This is good advice. I indeed like my 50 on the M8, so think I'll keep the 75mm. I'll see how the 90 works but if I want to sell, I'll let you know (it's in pristine condition as I bought it late in my M7 days, switched almost immediately to the M8, and then almost never used it again.)

s.agar

Thanks for your photos.
IMO, this is the best early collection of M9 photos on the web.

I think the photos share the characteristics of M8photos to some extend. I would be inclined to think that the results should be identical except for the 1.3X crop factor, since the CCD is almost identical in both cameras (same maker, same pitch etc). But then comes the question whether C1 0r LR has the similar profiles or not?

I'm trying to decide about the M9. IF photos are similar to M8 photos regarding the colors and the general atmosphere, I'm buying it. Improved higher ISO will be the fringe benefit.

Altgough not so important for this decision, how come the ISO performance is better, if both CCD's are so similar? and why can't it be done for the M8 as well?

Anyway, time will show with more and more photos on the web.

jonoslack

Thanks. This is good advice. I indeed like my 50 on the M8, so think I'll keep the 75mm. I'll see how the 90 works but if I want to sell, I'll let you know (it's in pristine condition as I bought it late in my M7 days, switched almost immediately to the M8, and then almost never used it again.)
Hi There
Pleased to be of service. It's funny how one gravitates to different lenses without really thinking about it. To be honest, I'm probably okay with my little 90 elmarit. I usually use a 50 in low light, so it's fast enough.