The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Elliott Erwitt & M9

monza

Elliott Erwitt is in Austin for third lecture of The Icons of Photography series presented by the Austin Center for Photography. Elliott will be making a two night appearance in Austin at the Blanton Museum of Art Auditorium.

http://www.visitacp.org/events/

When Elliott saw the M9, he asked "Now, how were you able to get one of those?" :)

M9, 50/2 Summicron

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
He lived three blocks from me when I lived in Newtown Pa. . Wonder if he still does. Great shooter

monza

I don't know, but he came to Austin from Sao Paolo and his next stop is Italy...not bad for 81 years of age. :)

fotografz

"Great shooter" is an understatement.

Presuming he is still shooting, I hope I'm still going like that at 81.

You should have fell to your knees and presented him with the camera to take your picture with ;)

-Marc

R

Ranger 9

When Elliott saw the M9, he asked "Now, how were you able to get one of those?"
And your answer was...?

Let's see, Seal's got one, all the major bloggers seem to have gotten one, Sean Reid probably has a case of them, but Elliott Erwitt doesn't make the cut...

V

Vivek

"Great shooter" is an understatement.

Presuming he is still shooting, I hope I'm still going like that at 81.

You should have fell to your knees and presented him with the camera to take your picture with ;)

-Marc

I would have.

Any more shots, Robert?

iiiNelson

I'm a little bummed I'm not in Austin until next week. I'm going to completely miss the event...

tjv

And your answer was...?

Let's see, Seal's got one, all the major bloggers seem to have gotten one, Sean Reid probably has a case of them, but Elliott Erwitt doesn't make the cut...
Makes you think what the world has come too, doesn't it? Economics and viral marketing, pure and simple. Most people don't care who Elliott is, but they sure as hell recognize Clapton or Seal shooting a Noctilux and M9 when pictured is some "glad Mag." Can't blame them for wanting to maximize exposure just hope there are people out there like Elliott being looked after too.

skimmel

Looking at the sites posted above -- I love his work!

So, does he use a Leica? And, if so, does he even want an M9?

monza

And your answer was...?

Looking at the sites posted above -- I love his work!

So, does he use a Leica? And, if so, does he even want an M9?

When he first saw the M9, he responded by pulling out his black paint MP presented to him by Leica.