The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Merging Image threads Poll

Should we merge or start a new. One week deadline to vote

• Merge M8 and M9

Votes: 16 24.2%
  • Keep them Separate images threads

Votes: 23 34.8%
  • Start a new Fun with Images M thread

Votes: 16 24.2%
  • Don't really care either way but will donate all my money to Guy. LOL

Votes: 11 16.7%

• Total voters

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
It has been suggested we merge the M8 and M9 more fun images threads or is it time to start a NEW Fun with M images thread. Vote now

iiiNelson

As long as the image is labeled for the reader I don't see an issue with merging... If they stay separate though maybe it's best if they're stickied at the top of the forum.

I like #4 too... Except that last part about donating money... I have have a M9 to finance.

Bébèrt

Let's merge them and make some Fun with images. Not with pixel-counting.
This forum is so good in "just" discussing the thing we should do with a camera and leave the nagging techno-nerds dwell in the sinister threats of the other forums.

mwalker

Subscriber Member
I would like to see them separate until the first of the year, while it's new, and then combine them.

Peter Klein

I think MWalker has a good point. For a while, there is a reason to keep the threads separate. That way, people interested in the latest M9 images can get to them quickly--for example, when the latest Lightroom profile comes out.

But once the initial M9 rush is over, I do think the threads should be merged, or a new one created for all digital M photos. One of the most annoying things about photo forums is how people get segregated right down to the individual camera model they own. It separates people whose interest in photographs might be the same. Let's not do that here, any more than is absolutely necessary.

steflaurent974

Totally agree, let's get it separated for the moment. People interested in the M9 can easily find some pictures. And in a few month, all together in the same NEW thread, and we will wonder why do we have bought this M9 ? ;-)

Bob

Administrator
Staff member
I like to look at images and frankly don't care too much what kind of camera it is although I would like folks to label them appropriately.
Separate threads make sense ot me more by genre than by camera.
I could start the All new fun with nudes thread for example LOL
-bob

M

Mango

At the moment, all the picture threads are titled "All New More and More Fun w/M8(9) Images"

If I could humbly suggest that a sequential naming process be used, such as "M8 Images 0001" followed by 0002, when 0001 gets too unwieldy, or something more Leica-ish, then it would be easier from a search perspective, as they would be in some sort of order. (The names are for the threads, and not for each picture.)

Thanks.

Scargos2

I like having the M9 on it's own, so I can droool on the pictures and dream about getting a M9 some day

Lloyd

I think the way you have the poll worded splits the vote for combining. One and three are essentially the same. I'd like them together, and just distinguished by the poster indicating camera, lens, etc. More convenient in one thread. And I'm pretty sure I can still dream and/or drool even if they're combined.

Lloyd

Be careful what you ask for... You may get a thread full of pictures of dirty old men...
Nah... just us dirty old men gawking at the thread. (and, I'm kidding... ddk posts some beauties on the Nikon thread from time to time... good enough for me.)

Mike Hatam

Senior Subscriber Member
I think the way you have the poll worded splits the vote for combining. One and three are essentially the same. I'd like them together, and just distinguished by the poster indicating camera, lens, etc. More convenient in one thread. And I'm pretty sure I can still dream and/or drool even if they're combined.
I agree. At this moment, it's essentially 27-14 in favor of combining the M8 and M9 images threads.