The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Merging Image threads Poll

Should we merge or start a new. One week deadline to vote

• Merge M8 and M9

Votes: 16 24.2%
  • Keep them Separate images threads

Votes: 23 34.8%
  • Start a new Fun with Images M thread

Votes: 16 24.2%
  • Don't really care either way but will donate all my money to Guy. LOL

Votes: 11 16.7%

• Total voters

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Oh! I just voted for it, and it appears it's a joke . . . and there was me, about to send you a cheque for $15,000,0023

sigh
IT'S OKAY MY FRIEND YOU CAN STILL SEND THAT, OOP'S CAP LOCKS ON . I GOT EXCEITED :ROTFL::ROTFL::ROTFL::ROTFL:

M

Mango

Too much coffee today and no sleep. Damn
I'm not a Mormon, but I gave up a coffee and caffeine addiction a short while ago. I sleep better and wake up without any fatigue, and without any craving for that shot of divine, sugared nectar. I have no problems revving my engine at any time of the early AM.

beamon

Let us know, Guy, when the money starts flowing in from the 12 people that have thusfar promised. ;):ROTFL:

Lloyd

If they are kept separate, will we need to separate the Nikon images threads by camera? Just sayin'.

Guy Mancuso

Looks like we keep them separate according to the voting process here. Let's look at it again in a month or so than just do a Fun M thread. Maybe. LOL

Peter Klein

Guy: More people have voted to bring the two cameras back together than have voted to keep them separate. It's just that the "together" votes are split between "merge the threads" and "start a new combined thread."

Unless I'm misreading something here... As I said before, it makes sense to keep them separate for a while. But at some point, after the newness of the M9 wears off, they probably belong together.

And you have my undying admiration, but you ain't gettin' all my money. :)

Guy Mancuso

Actually the third one was meant to start a completely new thread and not merge. I think for a little bit keep them separate than we will do something. I think for new buyers it gives them a chance to see just the M9 images for buying decisions.

But as someone pointed out and a good point we don't really separate a Nikon thread into D3x, D700 either. Jack and I are pretty easy about this stuff so whatever makes people happy and comfortable is okay with us. Bottom line it is about having fun,learning and sharing. That is the theme of this site and all we really care about.

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
The fact the M8 thread has over 4000 posts and some 150K views, I think it can stand on its own. Bottom line is it will fade in time as the M9 gains popularity. Maybe in a year, it might make sense o merge them, and we can decide then.

Lloyd

I think for a little bit keep them separate than we will do something. I think for new buyers it gives them a chance to see just the M9 images for buying decisions.
Side-by-side comparisons of the images from the M8/M8.2/M8u and the M9 might be helpful for buying decisions. Those of you with both might want to do that once in a while... you know, when you have an open house in that M9 gated community. :ROTFL:

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Side-by-side comparisons of the images from the M8/M8.2/M8u and the M9 might be helpful for buying decisions. Those of you with both might want to do that once in a while... you know, when you have an open house in that M9 gated community. :ROTFL:
Consider BOTH threads open to such posts, just please be sure to accurately label your images as to which camera they are from to avoid confusion :).