The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Are the already sold M9 final products one ?

steflaurent974

I have bought the M9 the 9/9, after the show at my Leica dealer's. As I couldn't register for the LFI (6th month) and Lightroom, I mailed to the french Leica direction.
They answered me that the Leica M9 will be for sale in early October, and the registration platform for it will be there too.
The Leica dealers have received for Demo 'non finalized M9' which were for demo purpose only, and should not be saled. :confused::mad:

Huh ???!! Do you think this can be true or is it just to hide the difficulty of production of the M9 ?

My M9 don't look like a "non-finalized" one, and have been sold with the last firmware (1.02 the 9/9)

Don't know what to think...

Paratom

Mine had an 0.xx software on it and a paper saying, that the dealer should upgrade the Firmware before selling this M9. So I assume it was made to be sold and not as a demo.

jlancasterd

I have bought the M9 the 9/9, after the show at my Leica dealer's. As I couldn't register for the LFI (6th month) and Lightroom, I mailed to the french Leica direction.
They answered me that the Leica M9 will be for sale in early October, and the registration platform for it will be there too.
The Leica dealers have received for Demo 'non finalized M9' which were for demo purpose only, and should not be saled. :confused::mad:

Huh ???!! Do you think this can be true or is it just to hide the difficulty of production of the M9 ?

My M9 don't look like a "non-finalized" one, and have been sold with the last firmware (1.02 the 9/9)

Don't know what to think...
I think that Leica France is spinning a line. I got my M9 from a dealer in North Wales who dealt with Leica UK and were told by the rep that it was from the first post-launch delivery (the pre-launch delivery to UK all went to London dealers to support the opening of the new Leica store in Mayfair). There was no mention of my camera being a 'demo' and Leica UK definitely knew it was to be sold to a customer immediately on receipt.

It arrived, unopened, on 15/9 (sorry - 9/15 for you Americans... :))with the plain cardboard shipping cover still on the box. It had 0.xx software and the note asking the dealer to upgrade to the latest software before sale, as mentioned above.

I'm loving it - it's what the M8 should have been... :D

jonoslack

I really don't think you should worry.
Sounds like a load of excuses to me.
The cameras on sale on the 9th were for sale . .. I don't know about the registration.

jlancasterd

I really don't think you should worry.
Sounds like a load of excuses to me.
The cameras on sale on the 9th were for sale . .. I don't know about the registration.
I had no trouble registering mine on 16 or 17 September, and I got the 2-year passport several days ago.