The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Heads Up: LR 1.4 Recalled

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Okay follow these instructions to uninstall 1.4

To uninstall Lightroom 1.4 please see the instructions per your platform:
Mac: Delete the Lightroom application in the Application folder(Mac) and Delete the following file: Library/Receipts/Adobe Photoshop Lightroom.pkg
Windows: Choose the Uninstall Lightroom 1.4 menu item from the Windows start menu. The Add/Remove Program utility on Windows will also achieve the same result.

To replace the Camera Raw 4.4 plug-in with the 4.3.1 plug-in, follow the manual installation instructions provided on the download page linked above.

Than download 1.3 following there links than when you open LR a dialog box will appear hit just ignore the update.

I have my system back and running okay

H

hgmoore

Too bad there are problems with this update.

I tested ACR 3.3 vs 4.4 in ACR/CS3 on a couple of 5D files. The conversions using ver 4.4 were very close to ver 3.3 with the Fors script calibration applied.

I hope the debugged update is released soon.

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
What's really odd, is that after I uninstalled 1.4 and reinstalled 1.3.1, when 1.3.1 launched it immediately informed me the 1.4 update was available --- You'd THINK Adobe would have pulled that... :)