The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

X1 Preview on Dpreview

jonoslack

I think youre right about the M8-2 price Jono,unfortunatly the "right time"for me is strongly influenced by the car not breaking down,the roof not needing to be fixed and my wife being away for a few days.However when a rare equinox of such circumstances next occurs Ill be in like a shot........thanks for the banter,best to you..Neil.
And to you too - you can put your hair back on now - but when you do it you should add the before and after 'reduced hair' shots to the thread, so that those following behind can understand the joke.
:)

cam

Still, I'm using it for landscape stuff where 'real' people are using MF cameras, and if you compare it to the price of a new Phase or Hassleblad or S2, then it suddenly seems cheap.
ahem! cough. cough again... real people use MF for landscapes?

what does that make me? a figment of your imagination??? i couldn't shoot a landscape if it bit me in the a$$...

i do, however, have a beautiful full head of long, thick hair -- so take that, you wankers!

edited to add -- i was just told that MF stands for medium format rather than manual focus so mea culpa if this is true... but i still have more hair than the lot of you, so na na na na NA!

N

nei1

Cam ,can I send you a bottle?:ROTFL:

Last edited:

johnastovall

Deceased, but remembered fondly here...
I think it may have something to do with a contractual agreement with Panasonic. Leica may well build some 4/3 lenses for Pana but I doubt they would compete directly with bodies. Plus I doubt they could build 4/3 bodies at the quality level and price point of Pana so they would have to have Pana build them custom labeled bodies and then charge 30% more to the consumer.

The X1 will probably find a niche market at $1995 though. JMHO

Woody
I don't think Leica builds any of the Pana lenses. They just license the design, testing spec, and right to put the name Leica on them.