The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

M9 Shutter

rondeb

I've mentioned this over at the "other" forum, but I'd really like to hear from some of our experts here.

I've noticed the shutter sound and response on the M9 is quite different from the M8u and M8.2. I can't say definitively that there is a delay or "lag", but there is a slower overall feel and sound.
I've posted an audio file here:
http://gallery.me.com/rondeb#100280

The recording is of my M9 and M8.2 BUT I have noticed the same sound/feel on 3 other samples of the M9.

The rewind is delayed because I am in discreet mode, btw.

Love to hear thoughts on this from other M9 owners - or another sound posting so I can compare.

Best,
Ron

Lloyd

I've mentioned this over at the "other" forum, but I'd really like to hear from some of our experts here.

I've noticed the shutter sound and response on the M9 is quite different from the M8u and M8.2. I can't say definitively that there is a delay or "lag", but there is a slower overall feel and sound.
I've posted an audio file here:
http://gallery.me.com/rondeb#100280

The recording is of my M9 and M8.2 BUT I have noticed the same sound/feel on 3 other samples of the M9.

The rewind is delayed because I am in discreet mode, btw.

Love to hear thoughts on this from other M9 owners - or another sound posting so I can compare.

Best,
Ron
I no longer have an M9 around to compare, but to my old ears, on your recording at least, I thought the M9 sounded louder.

rondeb

I no longer have an M9 around to compare, but to my old ears, on your recording at least, I thought the M9 sounded louder.
Maybe a little louder - I do have an extremely quiet M8.2 sample though. It's not so much the volume, but the duration between the first click(unlocking?) to the shutter actually firing that bothers me a little. I've also looked at the shutter while firing and the sound corresponds with the actual movement. M9 is slower every time when fired along side my M8.2.

Anyone?

rondeb

OK. I just saw a post at the "other" place. Mr. Daniel at Leica, confirms that the M9 does have a shutter lag longer than the M8 or film M's.

Can this be adjusted via firmware?

I hope so. I love my M9, BUT it does feel slower to fire than my M8u and M8.2 - because it is!

Thoughts?

Ron

Last edited: