The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Possible X1 competitor?

V

Vivek

Check out this link http://photorumors.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/10/sony-DSC-RX.jpg Of course it won't have the red dot.:grin: However, it does have interchangeable lenses and APS-C Exmor Sensor.
John, I can't see anything from that link.

IMHO, the X1 is untouched because it is one of the most beautiful cameras there ever has been. Why would you bother to pull it out of the box and try using it?

Yes, I am very keenly looking forward to Sony getting in to the mirrorless cam area.

I am confident it will shake things up a bit, to say the least. :)

Paratom

Looks interesting, specially for those who also do like video - it seems that it offers full hd.
As nice as the x1 looks, I think I really miss video in such a camera (and no-I dont miss it in my M9).
In the end I have to say that the gf1 (and this new Sony as it looks besides the missing EVF) offer the more complete concept IMO:
interchangable lens (even if you only use the pancake in the beginning-you have the option), video, evf-option.
Yes-the x1 looks more pretty (however the pre-production x1 I saw did not feel as solid as a small like M-lets see how the production x1 will be like-and lets see how the user interface with those small wheels works for "real" hands)

dhsimmonds

The APS-c Exmoor sensor is excellent and with Sony's in-built anti shake system should really "shake up" the competition.

It is an interesting concept, I wonder what the R mount really is and who will make the lenses, Zeiss or the old Minolta-Konica plant now owned by Sony?

jonoslack

HI There
if it's real, another thing worth mentioning is how small it is.
If that's a 3" LCD it then it looks slightly smaller than a leica d-lux4!

Which, come to think of it, rather casts a doubt over the whole thing:cry:

kevinparis

there have been a number of these sony leaks recently - all the same format of a spec sheet that looks genuine but of closer inspections shows niggly odd details like "Window 7" instead of "Windows 7"... and when was the last ime you saw OS 9 being quoted in Operating System Requirements

I call fake

K

jonoslack

there have been a number of these sony leaks recently - all the same format of a spec sheet that looks genuine but of closer inspections shows niggly odd details like "Window 7" instead of "Windows 7"... and when was the last ime you saw OS 9 being quoted in Operating System Requirements

I call fake

K
Well, it isn't the exclusive domain of fakers to make mistakes . . . but I agree, the size is too small, and together with your points I reckon it's a fake too.

N

nei1

I think sony could dispose of leica if they wanted,in a click of their zeiss like fingers.

Bernard

I think sony could dispose of leica if they wanted,in a click of their zeiss like fingers.
Why would they want to? There is a market advantage in being the second most expensive brand. For instance, ZM lenses look expensive compared to Voigtlander-branded lenses, but not compared to Leica M lenses.
Having Leica around puts them much closer to the mainstream.

V

Vivek

Exactly. No one is going to be targeting Leica. Leica are in a different arena.

N

nei1

There is a market advantage in being the second most expensive brand. For instance, ZM lenses look expensive compared to Voigtlander-branded lenses, but not compared to Leica M lenses.
I was talking quality not cost.It seems that the a900 is trouncing most cameras in its sphere even though it costs about half,its possible that if they put the same fairy dust into a rangefinder style of camera its quality might just persuade people to buy even if it cost a third of a M9.

nostatic

It seems that the a900 is trouncing most cameras in its sphere even though it costs about half.
How is it doing that? While it produces some excellent low iso files, you'd be hard pressed to get a consensus that it "trounces" bodies that cost about the same (eg 5D2 and D700), let alone twice the price.

This looks like a shot across the bow of u4/3. The X1 is a different and unique beast.