The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Guy at the Leica Akademie

glenerrolrd

Workshop Member
As I was organizing my images , I found this one from last years trip to the Leica Akademie. For someone that loves Leica equipment , this was like Santa s workshop. They had large metal pull out drawers with multiple copies of every M and R lens in the catalog. We were allowed to check out anything we wanted without limits. This was when you couldn t find a WATE or Noctilux anywhere. You can see Guy is thinking..."How many of these can I get in this bag" ? Anyway I thought this was worth a look.

dfarkas

Workshop Member
Roger,

I'm game.

The first is a group shot at Baden Baden.

Second is a shot of Roger and his lovely wife Carolyn at dinner in Fussen.

Third is a shot of Guy driving the Cayman S on the Autobahn about an hour after we picked up the cars.

The last is Guy in a quiet moment in a cafe in Wetzlar.

Enjoy.

David

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Great shots David and Roger. Fond memories and the good news is I lost 25 lbs since than.:ROTFL::ROTFL::ROTFL:

dfarkas

Workshop Member
Here's a few more:

1) Guy showing off in Switzerland

2) Woody and Phyllis

3) Beer

4) More beer

5) Christian and myself at Castle Neuschwanstein

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
The beer in the bar and the back side of us are awesome David. Maybe we should do a Germany image thread of what we actual shot.

Let's not talk about the Cayman . That sucker flies
Guy, that trip cost me a Cayman S, and a WATE, 50 Lux, and Noctilux - but it was a great trip, albeit an expensive one. Also, I think I found those twenty five pounds you lost ... well maybe not that much, but the beer sure was good.

Roger, thank you for posting the photos and bringing that trip back up. It was a great time.

David, I recognize some of those photos. I wonder if anyone can guess which ones were shot with the DMR.

Woody, the grappa didn't last long enough for a photo op, but I haven't forgot about it.

Al, if you are on this forum, please post some of your photo. I would like to see them. I am traveling (Paris through Monday, then London through the next Saturday) and will have to look to see if I have any of my Leica Akademie photos with me to post.