The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Leica possibilities

M

Mango

Just thinking about holes in the lineup:

1. 28mm f1.4 Asph
2. 75mm f1.4 Asph
3. 50mm f2.0 Asph
4. 50mm f2.0 or f2.8 Collapsible
5. Firmware to input lens coding in M8.

What would you like?

John Black

Certainly any of those lenses are possible, but after seeing the prices on the latest ASPH's, I don't even want to think about what the prices would be. I think we'll see a 35mm Summilux ASPH. It seems that Leica is doing better in managing focus shift, so the 35 Lux might be in line to get an update.

The M8 firmware is unlikely. Stefan Daniels mentioned that in the M9 video interview posted on LL. Seems there are technical and political issues on that topic, so Leica will probably leave that buried in the past. The only firmware updates I'd expect to see is anything that might have to do with a new lens (ie - adding the 6-bit coding data to M8's data tables).

stephengilbert

"The only firmware updates I'd expect to see is anything that might have to do with a new lens (ie - adding the 6-bit coding data to M8's data tables)."

Of course; Leica still values its M8 customers, as customers. They wouldn't want to deprive us of the ability to buy newly issued Leica lenses.

FrozenInTime

If they can pull off the 21,24 f/1.4 and the 50 f/0.95, I'm sure a 35mm f/1.0 with floating elements will be achievable.

( We can't have Voigtländer holding the fastest glass can we now :p )

Last edited: