The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

A Fast 28mm?

D

Digital Dude

Nice Stuart! I mean, what would a 28mm thread be without the infamous diner photo?
Regards,:D

Maggie O

The 21mm Color Skopar is the only available version. Both the LTM and the M-mount are optically identical.

FWIW, I've got an M-mount 21mm CV Skopar that'd I like to sell. I loves my LTM version.

Maggie O

Ah, OK- Sean calls the M-mount version of the Color Skopars the "P" version.

So, I have a P and Terry has an LTM.

Daniel

I'm still pondering on the 28mm lens, but I'm wondering if there is a significant difference between f2.8 and f2.0 in regards to shutter speed and depth of field.

Maggie O

Define "significant." On my 50/2 Heliar Classic, it's a full stop difference. That gets me to 1/30 from 1/15 in low light.

Daniel

i've not paid much attention to this before. i guess i've been pampered with too much mindless automation. anyway, i had no idea that there can be a real difference between f3.5 and f4.0.

how about the ultron, is there a real difference in shutter speed between f1.9 and f2.0?

Maggie O

I don't have it yet!

I'm guessing it might get me half a stop- say from 1/15 to 1/24. But that's me speculating, not reporting.

Maggie O

The 28mm Ultron is in the house. Uncoded so far, waiting for my Milich adapter. It's definitely got that Ultron look that I'm familiar with, thanks to my 35mm Ultron.

S

Sean_Reid

I wouldn't sell that copy if I were you. But yes it is a Skopar.

Cheers,

Sean