The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Thank you Jack and Guy

Terry

I know everyone thinks I'm going to say thank you for setting up this great new site. Well, not yet.

I LOVE MY NEW LENS !!!! :p:p:p

I made it to a dark restaurant/bar and had a lot of fun with my new 28 'cron. Unfortunately, I can't post anything from where I'm at but I will certainly take some shots tomorrow with daylight and follow up on Sunday when I get back to NY.

Now I do need to thank both Guy and Jack for your willingness to help us less experienced folks and for setting up such a friendly site.

Terry

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator
Terry,
Congratulations on the new lens. I'm looking forward to your photos with it. I love mine. It is on my M8 80% of the time.
Cindy

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Great news Terry i am so glad that your lovin it. Glad to be able to help that is what we are here for. Just be careful around me i like using your credit cards. :D. I am very dangerous to bank accounts

BTW your post just made my day.

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Hi Terry and congrats! You are going to love that lens. (I suspect by as early as Thanksgiving Day, it may have become your "favorite") :D

PSon

Terry,
Jack and Guy have been great mentors to lots of folks over the years that I came to know them. I hope they will continue to have such high passion for the field that we love and share with each other in this great new community. This could turn out to be another great forum in developing and you are there from the very beginning.
Son

Terry

First shots

Here are my first few from my first night. It was really!!! dark. Just a small nudge of exposure and fill light nothing else. Better things to come. Battled some camera shake and people shake :rolleyes: at these speeds. Don't worry, I won't bore you with lots of test shots...next up Morocco.

ISO 640 f2 1/15

ISO 640 f2 1/15

ISO 640 f2 1/2

ISO 640 f2 .7

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Terry little trick on long exposures actually anytime . When your ready to shoot hold the shutter down until just before release and pause or be set at that half shutter than when the moment comes just squeeze. Don't push down just squeeze it down. Trust me you will be so much the better for it

Terry

Terry little trick on long exposures actually anytime . When your ready to shoot hold the shutter down until just before release and pause or be set at that half shutter than when the moment comes just squeeze. Don't push down just squeeze it down. Trust me you will be so much the better for it
Oh, and here I thought you were going to tell me to do your shooting before the martinis arrive. LOL. Thanks