The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Leica M9 - pleasure delay

Knorp

Received notice from my dealer [NIVO-Schweitzer/Amsterdam] today.

Leica M9 "pleasure delay" : due to lack of M9 parts from various suppliers shipment of new cameras is delayed until further notice.
No delivery indication whatsoever :cry:

Sigh - we just have to wait a little longer I guess ...

Last edited:

Steve Fines

Wow. That doesn't sound good at all.

Sure would be nice if there was a release from Leica themselves with what exactly is going on.

Knorp

Well sometimes Leica is just amazing good in planing stuff out.
Perhaps, but to be fair to Leica: according to my dealer the demand is far beyond their expectations and that could explain it. Anyway it's a pity for us, but good for Leica. Hope they catch up soon and start shipping my M9 ... :p

All the best.

woodyspedden

Sure glad I got mine early. I just love the camera and am really just getting to know it well enough to totally supplant my M8U. I will probably hold on to the M8 though as it is totally upgraded and still has six months warranty left. Use one body for normal to wide and the other from normal to tele.

Woody

KETCH ROSSI

Just a short note in Favor and defense of Leica, many other companies including and not excluding RED DIGITAL, have issues and delays in their production pipe line mostly do to the closing of many manufacturers from which they buy crucial parts to their systems, so this is not just effecting Leica, but many other manufacturers on a Global scale.

Economy is a B$#@!