The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Leica M9 Oregon workshop photos

Mike Hatam

Senior Subscriber Member
There were three Leica M9 cameras at the workshop in Southern Oregon last week. This thread is a place for us to post some images.

I'll start here with a few from the Alexander Valley (near Santa Rosa) on the drive up.

All images processed with LR 3 Beta.

M9, 28 cron:

M9, WATE @ 18mm:

M9, 50 Summilux Asph:

Mike Hatam

Senior Subscriber Member
Re: Leica M9 Oregon Workshop

More shots of participants in action...

Lots of MFDBs and M9s in action. A couple of DSLRs also made the trip. Lots of mFT cameras (mainly GF1s) were there as walk-around / backup cameras.

jonoslack

HI Mike
Great stuff here - I love the WATE photo, great light.

in the third post is that Guy about to hit Terry with something whilst others take photographs of it? Sure looks like it!:ROTFL:

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member

Mike,

You clearly nailed a bunch of winners with your new baby -- can't wait to see more!

Mike Hatam

Senior Subscriber Member

HI Mike
Great stuff here - I love the WATE photo, great light.

in the third post is that Guy about to hit Terry with something whilst others take photographs of it? Sure looks like it!:ROTFL:

Yup, pretty much :ROTFL::ROTFL::ROTFL:

Actually, Guy was showing off a monopod, and just happened to be surrounded by a pack of wild photographers with cameras in hand :eek:

Reynolds

Workshop Member

Mike:

Please...no more images of Guy! Surely, there are other subjects in Oregon more suitable for this thread!!! LOL

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor

I agree Reynolds really diluting the quality of the the M9 and the workshops. Just bad press.:ROTFL::ROTFL::ROTFL:

jonoslack

Yup, pretty much :ROTFL::ROTFL::ROTFL:

Actually, Guy was showing off a monopod, and just happened to be surrounded by a pack of wild photographers with cameras in hand :eek:
:) I notice that there are a lot of magenta jackets there as well :eek::deadhorse::shocked:

I think that there should be a rule that anyone who goes to a workshop SHOULD NOT BE ALLOWED TO WEAR A PURPLE JACKET :p

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member

Doug wore that jacket on purpose, because he knew M9 testers would be there -- :D

jonoslack

Doug wore that jacket on purpose, because he knew M9 testers would be there -- :D
Ahhh! so THAT'S Doug . . I've got him in my database now :)

What's Guy's excuse?

Actually, it's amazing how much purple there is around if you only look.

Reynolds

Workshop Member

Guy:

And, three...count them...three M9s in one place and not ONE in my hands! Pharump!!

carstenw

I would love to know who is who in those shots. I do recognize Guy and Jack, clever that I am, but that is about all. I expect that the gentleman with the classic Hasselblad is jlm (John?), but beyond that I am stumped.

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor

I would love to know who is who in those shots. I do recognize Guy and Jack, clever that I am, but that is about all. I expect that the gentleman with the classic Hasselblad is jlm (John?), but beyond that I am stumped.
Darn we forgot to do a group photo.

Mike Hatam

Senior Subscriber Member

A few shots from "The Avenue of the Giants" (along Hwy 101 in Northern California).

All shot with the M9 and processed in LR3 Beta. First one is a self-portrait.