The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

a perfect companion for the leica M: the Minox Tripod

geesbert

for years I am carrying one of these in my camera bag, and it it brilliant. if you like the German ingenuity of the M, you'll love this baby. you can see a few images of it here:

http://www.expeditionexchange.com/minox/

scroll down a bit...

there were a few alterations made through the years, I have both the original old version and the new one.
the old one is shiny silver and has a different head design, with a bit more movement possible, but the cable release has a bit less throw.
the new design is a bit duller finish, has a better cable release, but the head only has one slot, as seen in the link above.

I use the new cable relaes in the older tripod, best of both worlds....

what is not mentioned in that link is that the biggest leg has a slot which was meant to put a one German Mark coin into, to assist tightening the head, Euros work, but not as pecisely as 1 DM would.

the tripod is really stable, I used to put a Mamiya RB67 on it.

I've tried a few table top tripods over the years, and either they were small and flimsy or stable and bulky, this one is small as a long pen and rock solid.

they show up on ebay from time to time, I inherited my old one from my grandad and bought the newer one for €35 at a used camera store. it's worth tripple that!

P.S.:
I have to show it to security every time I fly and then have to present its functions, and they always love it, never had a problem to take it on board.