The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Just got a terrific M8 Lens Coder Kit for $5

M

Mango

Greetings!

I simply have to share with you the terrific $5 coder kit I just received from Bo Lorentzen. It works like magic, and you only have to color the black codes, no need for the white colors. All you need is a black Sharpie or a felt tipped pen, and you're in business.

Bo knows coding!

(Note: I have no affiliation with Bo L, but thought I'd share this handy tool with anyone out there in GetDPI land, as it is really disappointing (to put it mildly) that Leica AG won't provide firmware for coding the lenses.)

http://bophoto.typepad.com/bophoto/2009/01/m8-coder-simple-manual-handcoding-of-m-lenses.html

http://www.digital-leica.com/lens_codes/index.html

Best Regards to all!

J

jonskiv

Agreed. Got mine in one day. Using a conventional Sharpie, however, the ink is pretty temporary.

cam

thank you, Mango!

i am now banging my head that i got a chance to meet up with Bo last time i was in L.A. and never knew about this... we were talking about lenses, exchanging one another's to try, etc., and the topic of coding never came up :banghead:

and, yes, Bo is a great guy! shame on him for not trying to rack up a sale... i see a lunch meeting in my future :D

D

D.Keymn

Just got a terrific M8 Lens Coder Kit for 5

I just got the truck out today and Im DCT-01 code. I put an EGR restrictor in it over the winter. Is this the code you get if you need to drill it out.

M

Mango

Re: Just got a terrific M8 Lens Coder Kit for 5

I just got the truck out today and Im DCT-01 code. I put an EGR restrictor in it over the winter. Is this the code you get if you need to drill it out.
You're in the wrong forum. This is about camera lens coding, and not about cars.