The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

What happened here?

geesbert

Must have a few thousand pictures on my M9 without the slightest problem, then I discovered this in three consecutive images. M9, 35 Cron, no Flash, DNG only. what happened here?

Stefan

geesbert

no. this is the first time it occured. it's a sandisk ducati sd-plus 4gb card, I have a bunch of them and never had one single glitch.

robsteve

Subscriber
When you get that type of file corruption, it is usually a card error. I have seen similar from Canon and Nikons too.

Robert

Bob

Administrator
Staff member
Have you tried reading the card with a different reader?
Occasionally it helps.
Also it has been demonstrated that some cameras have difficulty working with the fastest cards, and it might be working mostly, but due to timing considerations of the card itself, it is possible that the camera might be working near the limits with some card speed classes.
-bob

DavidE

I ran into the same issue with another digital camera a couple of years ago. After retiring the SD card, the problem didn't reoccur. I figured the card was corrupt. I considered reformatting the card and using it again, but didn't think it would be worth the risk of losing more images.

Some of the images on the card looked like the one you uploaded, with portions of the image randomly shifted out of place. Other images were unreadable. Most of the images, however, were fine. The errors seemed to affect only the images that were written to the corrupt part of the card.

cam

no. this is the first time it occured. it's a sandisk ducati sd-plus 4gb card, I have a bunch of them and never had one single glitch.
i had the same thing happen on my Ducati and it broke my heart. i retired the card and haven't had the problem since.

kind of pissed me off because they are expensive and the one i got for my mate is still going strong... nothing is infallible, regardless of cost.

There's a first time for everything. It's a bad card. Sandisk may well replace it, they have for me twice over the years. best...Peter

robsteve

Subscriber
Oh, you mean those roughly 8-10 CDs that got discarded with the packaging everytime I got a new card?
Yes, but they don't fit in a slot load Mac. I emailed the Sandisk support and they sent me a link to a Mac DMG to download.

You'll need the license numbers that came with the CDs though.

Robert