The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

New Summarit M Lenses so good it's scary.

grappa

For some reason,since I already have a 50 mm Summilux and Noctilux,I decided to buy a Summarit 50 mm. Reasoning that the small size was worth trying the lens.
I was amazed at the ease of focus and color qualities etc. The lens really seemed to like being on the M8.
Well, I just added the 35 mm Summarit to my collection and it's every bit as good as the 50.
I was looking at some shots I took around the house and decided to write this because I got so excited at how good the 35 was, I needed to tell somebody. These lenses are small and sharp with great tonality.
It would be nice if I was as happy with the Noctilux but maybe some more time with it is necessary.
Someday an M9 might change these eqations but I hope not.

Paratom

So I think now we are at least 3 here who love that 35/2.5

Interesting also that with both my Summarits (35 and 75) I never had any focus problems while several of my more expensive lenses had to go to Solms for a calibration of the focus.

Paratom

Did you directly compare the 50 Summilux and Summarit by any chance?
I am however very happy with the 50/1.4asph so personally I dont see why I should add a Summarit.

thrice

I had a 35 summarit and now have a 35 summilux asph. I honestly think I prefer the rendering of the summarit, I just needed the speed for practicality sake :\

I'm glad to hear what you say about the 50 summarit, I have a 50/1.1 nokton and am looking for a cheap compact and sharp 50 for hiking/travel.

S

sclamb

35 Summarit owner here too. Also have the 75/2.5 which is also a cracking lens.

Simon

jonoslack

:clap::clap::clap:
I have the little 35, and it's a lovely lens - not too brutal, but splendidly crisp, tiny and lovely to use.

These economical summarits are a great buy, no compromises except the fast aperture, but with lots of consolations in terms of cost and focusing.

carstenw

I have loved the boke of the little 35 'Rit from the first tests Guy did with it. I keep thinking if I can somehow justify getting one, but I do have a nice 35 Lux ASPH, so the answer is always no :(

S

sclamb

A couple of 35 Summarit pics :D

and a 75 Summarit pic

These Summarit lenses are the bargains of the Leica world and are very, very good lenses.

Simon

stevem8

Simon, those images are beautiful!!! The Summarit line are simply fantastic lenses. If you do not mind 2.5, they are a no brainer and every bit as good as the Summicron/Summilux (at 2.5).

S

sclamb

Thanks Helen. Here's another with the 75 Summarit:

These Summarit lenses really are exceptionally good. I haven't used the 50 or 90 but have no reason to assume they would perform any less well.

Simon

Last edited:

f1point0

Thanks Helen. Here's another with the 75 Summarit:

These Summarit lenses really are exceptionally good. I haven't used the 50 or 90 but have no reason to assume they would perform any less well.

Simon
What an amazing shot! Perfect in every way...

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator
Simon, Very nice...and quite exciting for me. I just bought a 75 Summarit this week and it should be arriving shortly.

S

sclamb

Simon, Very nice...and quite exciting for me. I just bought a 75 Summarit this week and it should be arriving shortly.
Thanks Cindy :D Enjoy your 75mm, it is a lovely lens to use.

Nice Pictures Simon, what version is your 35mm Summarit ? or what year was it made in ? Thanks.
Thanks :D I got the Summarit earlier this year. The M-Summarits (35/50/75/90) are the new lenses from Leica so there are no versions as such - they are all new design.

Simon