The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

New Firmware ideas for the M8

ecliffordsmith

Hi Guy,

One other addition that would appear to be easy to implement is for the camera to display the white balance it has measured when you manually set the white balance via taking a photo. If you then want to tune things you have a starting point.

Hank Graber

Guy, I like your idea of displaying the speed in manual mode. I'd use it a lot more if they did that. It would be nice if they had 2 arrows so you have a feel for how far off you are in exposure. So as you got to one stop away it would go to one arrow.

View attachment 2998

It would be nice to have ISO and EVO info displayed in the top deck display but there is room only for the battery and shots fired. I have started shooting with the wrong ISO set on more then one occaision.

If they could use the wheel and arrows to control ISO and EV with ISO and EV in the finder that would be great but again I don't think the display can accommodate it.