The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Steel grey M9?

Just got one from Tamarkin in Ct., arriving tomorrow. I was on his list. I asked if this meant more grey ones were coming soon, he wasn't sure. Good luck finding yours...Peter

francishmt

Peter, show us some pictures when yours arrived, especially with some good looking chrome lens mounted on it if you have them. I am dying here waiting for mine....

bradhusick

For your edification, here are some beauty shots of the Steel Grey M9 with a variety of Leica lenses. Enjoy. Click for larger versions.

Last edited:
Got mine and I really do like it's look, especially with chrome lenses. Also, I had a chrome M8 grip which I am using with the M9 and it looks quite fine, I see no need to get a steel grey grip. While we're at it, it's one heck of a camera! best...Peter

jonoslack

Got mine and I really do like it's look, especially with chrome lenses. Also, I had a chrome M8 grip which I am using with the M9 and it looks quite fine, I see no need to get a steel grey grip. While we're at it, it's one heck of a camera! best...Peter
Congratulations Peter
I'm hoping for mine next week . . . . hoping!
Brad - thanks for those shots, it makes the waiting for the grey so much easier :ROTFL:
all the best

Bob

Administrator
Staff member
I still like basic black, but the Steel Grey does look handsome.
-bob

W

wilsonlaidlaw

In three years of a chrome M8, I think I had two people comment on it and it was along the lines of "it's nice to see someone still using a film camera." During last week-end in Naples, Italy, I had three people ask me if that was the new M9 and saying how nice the grey finish looked and no, they weren't muggers checking if it was worth stealing.

Wilson

jonoslack

In three years of a chrome M8, I think I had two people comment on it and it was along the lines of "it's nice to see someone still using a film camera." During last week-end in Naples, Italy, I had three people ask me if that was the new M9 and saying how nice the grey finish looked and no, they weren't muggers checking if it was worth stealing.

Wilson
Wow - doesn't that show how far Leica have come in the last 3 years.

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Congratulations Peter
I'm hoping for mine next week . . . . hoping!
Brad - thanks for those shots, it makes the waiting for the grey so much easier :ROTFL:
all the best
Jono we had the steel grey in Oregon and it was very nice looking. Brad wanted to buy it on the spot but it was a loaner so a no go from Leica. I'm more a black camera person but I did like it

jonoslack

Jono we had the steel grey in Oregon and it was very nice looking. Brad wanted to buy it on the spot but it was a loaner so a no go from Leica. I'm more a black camera person but I did like it
Hi Guy
Well, I'm more of a black camera person as well, but I like to have two M bodies, and if they're the same colour I get confused (I am very old and infirm). I've had a grey one on order since September (no special favours here) it's not here yet . . but I'm nearly at the top of the list, next week maybe?

GMB

For your edification, here are some beauty shots of the Steel Grey M9 with a variety of Leica lenses. Enjoy. Click for larger versions.
This is torture:angry::angry::angry::angry::angry:

I ordered mine at the end of September and still waiting :cussing::cussing::cussing:

There was only one guy in front of me for a gray one but Belgium is such a small market that nothing arrives. Let's hope for Santa Clause and congratulations for your new toy :thumbs:

J

JackM

I ordered grey in August. I got it Nov. 13th from David Farkas and the 13th was a lucky day. I had a titanium M6 and a chrome M8 so I perfer the combo, in part because fewer people think it is new. It makes a Leica look even older. The finish is holding up just fine to my abuse. See the shot of the M9 vs the M8.