The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Austin TX Leica M9 Demo -- This Friday and Sat (Nov 20/21)

Mike Hatam

Senior Subscriber Member
Great news Robert. I'm hoping that we'll start to see more M9 inventory moving through the US pretty quickly.

johnastovall

Deceased, but remembered fondly here...
Oh, curses and bad words. I have to be at a History seminar in Abilene this weekend trying to flog a book proposal.....

oc garza

Robert,

Any chance you guys are opening Sunday afternoon for this special event? :D (My son and I are cutting through Austin on the way to Burnet on Sunday but not Saturday, darn it.)

Can you answer a few questions for me? I was in the store last week and was told you have not gotten any to sell yet.
1. When do you anticipate having any M9s to sell?
2. What does one have to do to get on the list for an M9? What is the deposit?
2. What is the price for the M9 w tax?

You are welcome to PM the answers to me.

O.C. Garza
Victoria, Texas
UT Photojournalism Class of 1976

Leica will be at Precision Camera demonstrating the M9 on these days.

-Robert

monza

We are open on Sunday but the Leica demo is Friday and Saturday only. I'll send you a PM on the other questions.

Bébèrt

Nice and sharp lens but .... some flare??
There where spots in the ceiling just above the guy's shoulder.
Exposere was ok for the guy and illuminated background was a bit over.
My M9 was still is manual lens mode for the 50mm Summilux Asph.

carstenw

Results like this sometimes happen when the contrast between the subject and a dramatically overexposed background is high. Some kind of spillover in the sensor. I see it sometimes with my M8 too, but only under the worst conditions. With the M8 it looks even worse.