The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

M9 - I Think I Got One!

Gary P

O.K. so I'm window shopping on the net, just checking out who has what, and I eventually browse 17th street photo. Low and behold there is a black m9 listed as in stock. The grey M9 is listed as out of stock. So I'm completely amazed, could this be that they just have one available? I complete the purchase online and go back and check the list of cameras and now the black M9 is listed as out of stock (after I have my invoice confirmation).

What do you think, do you think this can be true and that I actually have one on it's way?

My head is still spinning!

Gary P

Gary P

NOT!

Didn't happen! I called today to confirm the sale and low and behold the camera was sold but unfortunately the web site was not updated to reflect the sale. FFFFFFuuuuuuddddggge! While disappointed I have no beef with 17th street, you know what, happens! I found it hard to believe this was real in the first place.

Gary P

mjm6

Sorry about that. It may have been mine, which arrived on Thursday.

Rather than make an online purchase, I called to have them confirm availability.

It sounds like large deliveries happened this week, so I think availability will improve pretty quickly. Have patience, grasshopper.

---Michael

Gary P

Happy for you Michael! Looking forward to seeing some images! I hope your right about the uptick of incoming units!

Gary

mjm6

Thanks...

I happen to have a 28mm elmarit and 35mm summicron in both R and M mounts. The R lenses are mounted for the Sony a900, so I'm really interested in the difference in performance between the a900 and the M9 with the comparable lenses, even though we know they are different formulas (the R's are retrofocal, or at least moreso than the M's).

The lack of AA filter on the M9 should show a substantial difference...

---Michael