The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

4 -LeicaM 13-Nikon Thread?

gogopix

Subscriber
Just shows Guy's power to shift market!!

Anyway, hats off to the new Nikon D3 and D300 users. Lots of enthusiams

:salute::salute::salute:

Victor

Ps; I give it 3 months :ROTFL::ROTFL::ROTFL:

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Trust me not giving up my Leica's any day soon. And if the R10 comes you just never know what will happen. The Nikons add another dimension now for shooters . Glad to see them doing well in the industry. It's not a this versus that situation though. All these will give better tools to the shooter and that is what counts, believe me Canon is not sitting around either. The future looks very good for all systems

gogopix

Subscriber
Guy,
Absolutely. Keeps everyone on their toes.

Now Let's hope Leica likes to stand on its toes.

(For those who know the 'Viennese Waltz" it involves a 'toe rise' at the end of the step)

Maybe Dr. Andeas K. will do a great 'viennese waltz' for us Leica fans

:angel:

Maggie O

I wouldn't mind being able to shoot some real telephoto and macro shots. Sell me on the D300. My Buddhist calm could use a test of warding off desire.

TRSmith

Subscriber Member
I wouldn't mind being able to shoot some real telephoto and macro shots. Sell me on the D300. My Buddhist calm could use a test of warding off desire.
Ok, I'll start. How about this, you could buy the D300 and at least one if not two of their spiffy new zooms that would cover every inch of the coverage you currently have with your M8 and then go beyond on the long side, all for the price of the 28 Cron. (plus or minus a few $, I'm kinda making this up but you get the idea)

gogopix

Subscriber
ok
maybe this should be in either the Canon or Nikon (did I get it right this time? :angel: ) threads, but given a whole house full of contax, hassey and Leica lenses, If one wants to get access to the high ISO ability (and doesnt want to invest in new glass, which is not as good as ... oh forget that!) rathe would like to use glass that suits their style and they already HAVE, what is the approach? Seems Like

Nikon-hassey and other MF, possibly some viso lenses (these can go Viso>Hassey>Nikon), zeiss ZF (would mean new buy or swap) and ??? but no Leica R, C/Y

Canon- works with everything, almost (give or take a few shaven moirros)

So why the Nikon shift

okj, I.m not in the Nikon thread so I will say it; what I have seen in the nikon shots (the image, so I assume more driven by the glass)I am not crazy about.

so, how to get the low light capability (and no, "get a flash" isn't what I am looking for :D

Victor

BTW can either the N or C AA filters be removed?