The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Leica_m8_JHR_v1 Corrected VVG

gogopix

Subscriber
This is my standard profile. It leads to images like this below, ample opportunity (a little poly in the sweater, and a LOT of poly in the bag)

NO MAGENTA

I have yet to se magenta with this profile at NO sacifice (that I can tell) and the "vvg" at the end means I tweaked (gets a bit better balance and slightly richer colors, short of other profile 'velvia' look.

I don't mean to put the filter, coder, adapter guys out of business (worth it just for the lens name) but wow, anything to avoid the interminable 'cyan syndrome'

Kudos to John. Let's not forget the tremdous contribution he made in the early 'testy' (sic!) days of the M8

Last edited:

woodyspedden

This is my standard profile. It leads to images like this below, ample opportunity (a little poly in the sweater, and a LOT of poly in the bag)

NO MAGENTA

I have yet to se magenta with this profile at NO sacifice (that I can tell) and the "vvg" at the end means I tweaked (gets a bit better balance and slightly richer colors, short of other profile 'velvia' look.

I don't mean to put the filter, coder, adapter guys out of business (worth it just for the lens name) but wow, anything to avoid the interminable 'cyan syndrome'

Kudos to John. Let's not forget the tremdous contribution he made in the early 'testy' (sic!) days of the M8
Victor

Are you going to provide us with details of this preset? Looks good and I for one would love to try it

Woody

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Do you mean JAMIE H Robert's M8 profile for C1??? If so, this is old news :)

gogopix

Subscriber
not for me, it's news for me :)

how can i get this profile?
Sorry it is JAMIE H Roberts (and VICTOR V G is loooosing it :bugeyes:

If 1. Jamie agrees its ok
2. somebody can tell me how to extract mine as a file
3. I will make BOTH the original (and Jamie has 2-3 others to try) I will be happy to send.

Guy, do rmrmber how to contact Jamie? I am sure it would be ok
or maybe you know; did he release as a 'anybody can use??

Regards
Victor

PS It is a general ICC profile, so I think will work wherever a profile can be inserted.

Maybe some of the experts know?

Victor

TRSmith

Subscriber Member
I found it a few months ago on the LUF. Did a search for Jamie Roberts and it was right in there. Posted as a freebie.

SteveJ

Victor,
The color balance is perfect on my display as is the lighting. Please, can you share your lighting setup for this shot.
Thankyou,
Steve

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
He's a member here.. Maybe if we ask nice, he'll post the link in this thread -- wink wink.

:D,

gogopix

Subscriber
Victor,
The color balance is perfect on my display as is the lighting. Please, can you share your lighting setup for this shot.
Thankyou,
Steve
well I've NEVER been accused of having anything perfect :angel:

but it was just an old contax 380 flash, with Gary Fong dispering dome and I shut OFF the fill flash in the front so only bounce was active

then I processed in C1 (I do ALL my processing, DMR, M8 and P45+ in C1; I have found nothing better

I may or may not have adjusted from the 'as shot'

actually I just checked (you can go into C1 with the file and return to 'as shot') and I had adjusted down from 5650 to 5550 that's it

regards
Victor

Last edited:

gogopix

Subscriber
ok, next question
i actually have a'yousendit' PRO account and a 'dropbox'
i assumed tht was for people to send TO me

does it work the other way? Can I put there for everyone to get??
Can I use yousendit to 'broadcast' or do i have to have the emails

they are not too good on customer service
at least not after midnite!

:-0(

victor

Daniel

gogopix

Subscriber
Many thanks to Maggie for sharing. And of course Jamie for his excellent work.

Let me know (and copy Jamie and Maggie as they have an interest) in any success/failure in avoiding the dreaded MAGENTA MONSTER.

BTW, I have attached a DMR file the coat was BLACK yet you can see a clear magenta cast. EVen faint traces in my Phase images. Again, profiles take care of.

One more poit; light source will have a major impact fluorescent vs tungsten, daylight vs flash vs real stobes etc will produce differenmt IR amounts, so you may see more or less even with the profiles

Victor

Again I think the wedding guys would go crazy with red lapels all over, (though Jamies takes most of THAT out too) but for the rest of us, the magenta is a nonproble.

Last edited: