The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Leica R looking forward

Erik Five

In that case.....I'd better start saving my pennies, nickels, dimes.....and mucho dollars!! :ROTFL:

I have feeling that once I get a taste of my first Leica glass (50mm Summicron-R on it's way to me now...thanks to ErikFive), I won't be inclined to stop at just one lens....or two, or three. :eek:

Gary Benson
Eagle River, Alaska
As said earlier Gary. Wait until you get the lust for M glass. The worst is the Noctilust :D

doug

In that case.....I'd better start saving my pennies, nickels, dimes.....and mucho dollars!! :ROTFL:

I have feeling that once I get a taste of my first Leica glass (50mm Summicron-R on it's way to me now...thanks to ErikFive), I won't be inclined to stop at just one lens....or two, or three. :eek:
Whatever you do, don't try a Leica APO lens. They're the crack cocaine of optics.

bensonga

As said earlier Gary. Wait until you get the lust for M glass. The worst is the Noctilust :D
While I may not be immune to the temptation of M-glass.....I'm probably less susceptible than many others.....I haven't been bitten by the rangefinder bug yet. Just about everything else (including large format) and recently MF digital, but not rangefinders.....not yet anyways! :shocked:

Gary

Stuart Richardson

Whatever you do, don't try a Leica APO lens. They're the crack cocaine of optics.
It really is -- this is the hardest part about using any other camera systems, even medium format ones -- Leica lenses are just so much better (and honestly, some of the Voigtlander, Konica and Zeiss ones for the M system too). Lack of distortion, edge to edge sharpness, freedom from chromatic aberration, wide open sharpness...most of these are taken for granted in Leica lenses. When I started using other camera systems more seriously, I thought they would be in their professional lenses as well. Boy was I wrong. Only the Mamiya 7 lenses seem to be as good to me...and that likely because they are rangefinder lenses. Lord knows how Leica does it on the SLR lenses!