The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Skylark day - let's have a springtime thread

D

Digital Dude

My silver 50-lux is definitely a keeper! This was taken in my back yard as Spring unfolds ~
Regards,:rolleyes:

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator
Beautiful!

Do you know what version it is?
Was there a difference between versions?
Chris,
I don't know what version Daniel has, but there have been (I believe) 6 versions dating back to 1959. Even then, the first summilux 50mm was based on the Summarit 1.5 50mm, which was based on the Xenon 50mm.:eek:
I have a version 5 pre-ASPH 50mm Summilux. It is the one with the built-in hood. I have also owned the 50mm ASPH Summilux and they are both wonderful lenses. The ASPH is sharper and the pre-ASPH has the softer Leica look that I like in portraits. One couldn't go wrong with either version.:p Both are buttery-smooth and easy to focus. I can see why Daniel is happy with that lens.

D

Digital Dude

Beautiful!

Do you know what version it is?
Was there a difference between versions?
This is a new version, whatever that is, since I just purchased it new last month (s/n 4004xxx).
Regards,

D

Digital Dude

Heah Mark,
Man, those Snap Dragon’s really pop in the midst of those… well, Poppies'. The perspective of the 21-El is really quite impressive too. Unfortunately, the desert terrain here in “3:10 to Yuma” isn’t at all like that. Oh well, I suppose that's why I stick to near macro look'.
Regards,:thumbup:

Last edited:

TRSmith

Subscriber Member
Not sure if this is an M8-only thread, apologies if so. Spring continues to come slowly here but one sure sign for me is the return of the wild ducks to my little pond. Every year there seems to be more and different varieties that hang out for a few weeks until the larger waters ice out.

The little Hooded Merganser is a spunky fellow. Pushing the Mallards twice his size all over the water.

TRSmith

Subscriber Member
Beautiful shot Doug! I've only ever seen the males. The bully in my shot is the only single in the pond. The Mallards and Wood ducks are all paired up. That might explain why he's so cranky. ;)

scott kirkpatrick

Lovely shots, but elsewhere. Spring hasn't really made it to Boston yet. The crocus tried bravely, but got nipped by either a critter or a frosty night just after I took this picture, and the robin is looking pretty grumpy as he flips over the wet leaves:

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Wow folks, some really nice images shown here!!! And what a banner year for desert wildflowers in AZ, eh?

:thumbs: