The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

yet another camera bag question

I just put the M8 with a 50 lux (pre-Asph if that makes a difference) in one of the front pouches on its side. So that works with no problem. I am sure a paperback will fit in the middle, probably a normal sized book too. I'll try it at home this evening and post a photo if you'd like.

On the back pocket, it is secured by a velcro strip in the middle and so in theory there are openings where water could get in. A few days ago I was shooting and it started raining hard which later turned to snow. The small notepads in the first photo are kept in this back pocket and they didn't get wet at all, but then that side of the bag was against my body so there was no real way for water to get in there. I've had Domkes, Tenbas and even some old Orvis bags and to date this bag works best for me and my Leica gear. I have ordered the Domke US Postal carrier shoulder pad for the bag because even large pad made by BBB does not secure it to my shoulder to my liking.
Thanks a lot for the info. Just re-visited Stephen Schaub´s site, and found he´d just decided to stop offering the "Stealth" variety, regrettably :wtf:.

Those still in production all seem to have that "reflex screen" material on the entire flap, making them far more conspicious than I´d like when carrying expensive gear and trying to blend into the surroundings....

Looks like I´ll have to find something else, or wait until his Stealth ones reappear....:(

oc garza

Thanks a lot for the info. Just re-visited Stephen Schaub´s site, and found he´d just decided to stop offering the "Stealth" variety, regrettably :wtf:.

Those still in production all seem to have that "reflex screen" material on the entire flap, making them far more conspicious than I´d like when carrying expensive gear and trying to blend into the surroundings....

Looks like I´ll have to find something else, or wait until his Stealth ones reappear....:(
That's too bad :confused: This bag is ultra light weight and has excellent workmanship (the Courier Bags always do). I did not like that very visible material on the other model either.

If you want to pursue it, that first photo I posted has Courier Bags toll free number on it. Call them and ask if they have any still around or see if they will make you one.

Good luck,