The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with Leica X1 images...

durrIII

Guy and Jack just posted some X1 and M9 files to download. Maybe somebody will get them and post a few here.

rmueller

Hi Steve,

Very nice shots! I'm looking forward to your full review although I believe
the decision has been made: I do want one. Too bad it's not ready for
Xmas though.

Happy Holidays and thanks for posting,

Ralf

bradhusick

Also, see the self-portrait? Nice, but notice his grip on the camera. This is why the add-on grip is really important (he has it on the camera). The body of the X1 is just a little too short for most men's hands. Pushing the shutter release makes the camera slip down unless you grip it tight.

Very nice photos as usual Steve. I look forward to your review. Although I have alreasy ordered the X1, I expect to learn from your review.

I didn't order the grip, but may reconsider after I get the camera and see how it goes without the grip. I really want to keep it as small as possible. However, I almost always use the grip on the M8.

stevem8

Thanks guys and yes, the grip makes a world of difference on the X1. I would buy one no doubt. I shot with this camera for the past 2 days and it has really pleasantly surprised me in the IQ dept. I'll have more soon!

jpmac55

Wow, the best images I've seen taken so far. I've been on the fence getting the X1, was likely going to see how early feedback goes but not so sure now.

jminor

Hello Everyone, Merry Christmas & Happy New Year.......
I was sittin fat and happy, ready to pull the trigger and buy an E-P2 until I took a look at Steve Huff's photos. Then I looked at some of the results of the GXR with the A12 lensor over on the Ricoh forum. Now it sounds like the release date for the X1 has been pushed back. Maybe Leica is addressing some of the concerns folks have expressed...
I just may lose my Leica virginity to the X1..... ; ) and I'll keep an eye on whats happening over in the GXR camp as well as I enjoy the ui of my GRD....

stevem8

Hey guys, posted my review at my site for the X1. My site crashed this morning but all seems OK now so if you have not yet checked it out, its there :) Lots of images...

Paratom

Thanks Steve- great review and I could see myself struggeling weather to get or not to get the x1 in the same way as you.
Right now I do not think I will.
I would not see any real benefit over other solutions.
For its price I would at least expect it to be more responsive, and maybe have a f2.0 lens.
But its pretty and the images look nice.
I hope I wont become weak when I can have an x1 in my hands.