The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Do you use a neck strap with your Leica M?

tom in mpls

I have found that the neck strap for my FF DSLR's don't work well as the camera and lens is too heavy for comfort; instead, I use a small shoulder case and a hand strap. I have an Op Tech neck strap that sits on the shelf. Now looking to try an M8, maybe consider M9 later. With the much smaller body and lens, I think the neck strap should work well. I like the Luigi half case and neck strap.

Do you use a neck strap with your Leica M camera?

wjlapier

I go back and forth between neck strap and wrist strap. Right now I have an A&A neck strap ( adjustable length version ) on my MP and Luigi wrist strap on my M3. I just put my D700's neck strap back on after a few months with only a wrist strap. I never got around to using the GF1's strap and quickly becamed attached to the Luigi wrist strap that is similar to his "Essential" on it.

The whole strap thing drives me crazy like the bags :banghead:

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator
I use a Luigi strap on both of my M's. I have a half case on my M4P, too. I have always been against the Leica grip because I didn't like the way it looked, but I got one in a trade and made the mistake of putting it on my M8. I love how the camera handles now with the grip. I'm hooked on the grip.;)

wjlapier

I use a Luigi strap on both of my M's. I have a half case on my M4P, too. I have always been against the Leica grip because I didn't like the way it looked, but I got one in a trade and made the mistake of putting it on my M8. I love how the camera handles now with the grip. I'm hooked on the grip.;)
regarding grips--I like the way my MP feels with the Leicavit attached. Not too big and has a nice balance for my hands.

I have a Luigi strap I will put back on my M3 someday :rolleyes: I used to have a halfcase when my M3 was chrome--since painted I sold it.

Nick_Yoon

When it's cold I hang the camera from my neck and put my hands in my pockets. When it's warm I wrap the strap around my wrist and keep the camera in hand.

D

disambiguated

Do you use a neck strap with your Leica M camera?
I use the Blackrapid RS-1, and just got an RS-5. By far the most useful camera accessory, ever - this style of strap literally changes the way you shoot.

tom in mpls

So who likes to use a simple, standard neck strap? I'm resistant to the idea of the cross-body type but I suppose it possible that I might like it if I just gave it a try.

robsteve

Subscriber
I just use the stock Leica straps. They are strong, work well and have the special quick release attachment rings that will not scratch your camera.

You can also get a large grippy shoulder pad from Billingham which will snap over your existing Leica strap. I use one occasional when I have more than one camera and need to hang one over my shoulder.

http://www.billingham.co.uk/acatalog/Shoulder_Pads.html

Robert

Steve Fines

I pretty much always have a fanny pack on. M9, wate, 35, 75 don't take up much space at all.

Thumbs-up on the M9, but no straps.

S

SimonLarbalestier

I agree on the bags n straps search it's driven me nuts over the years! (and still buying bags now...) - I'd finally settled with the Domke Grippers but recently I've gone back to the standard Leica strap set at full length (so I can wear it across the chest) I also use Lutz Konnerman's SLINGS and on the digital M's I use the Thumbs Up Type 3.

Paratom

For me the standard strap supplied with the camera works quite well.
It is not too big, carries compfortable, and it doesnt slip over the shoulder. Just´make sure the connection to the camera is closed safely!!
Cheers, Tom