The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

How to access picture paramater menus on M8?

tom in mpls

I have been scratching my head for 2 hours trying to access the picture parameter menus (ISO, WB, etc) on the used M8 that arrived today. I've pushed all the button combinations that I can think of without success. The user manual is no help, I don't know about you guys but I find this manual to be a confusing mess.

What's the trick??? I'm feeling really stupid here; this should be easily accessible.

TRSmith

Subscriber Member
There are two buttons on the back that allow you to access two different menus. The "menu" button brings up the most options and allows for things like setting date and time, formatting a card, etc. The other button is the "set" button which is a short menu of things like ISO, EV, etc. There's nothing too magic about getting them to work. However, the camera does need to be turned on. If you can't access either of them by simply pressing them with the camera powered on, then maybe there's a problem. Battery charged?

tom in mpls

Oh, puleeez. I thought I had pushed all the buttons. Several times. Yes, it works! Just as you said.

I'm a college graduate! Also recently I asked how to remove the flash from my Sony A900. The answer was to push the little black button on the base of the flash. I have a knack for missing the obvious.

Still, I couldn't find that in the manual. I bet it's there, though!

Anyway, thank you. I really thought I had a defective camera.

TRSmith

Subscriber Member
I've had my share of those moments. I think Homer Simpson said it best..."Doh!" Glad it wasn't a bad camera. :thumbup: