The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

LR 2.6 M9 bug warning

jps

Hello Everyone,

Ive just upgraded from LR2.3 to LR2.6 and trying to open any of my M9 files causes a system crash. it is documented on the Adobe site and effects both windows and mac. Foolishly i didnt check before upgrade....watch out !

I would love to show you some images .... its a wonderful camera !!!!

Have you got yours yet Peter A ?

Cheers JOHN

...Ive just upgraded from LR2.3 to LR2.6 and trying to open any of my M9 files causes a system crash. it is documented on the Adobe site and effects both windows and mac. Foolishly i didnt check before upgrade....watch out !
Strange.... Did the upgrade yesterday (Mac Pro running 1.6.2, and running LR in 64 bit mode), and I just tried, using some shots I made with a demo camera (still waiting for my own), and it worked without a hitch. I´ve clicked around a lot now, both on these, and on some earlier imported ones. Read the Adobe thread, and just can´t recognize any of the problems and symptoms there....

Are you using a card reader or a direct USB connected camera when importing?

jps

Strange.... Did the upgrade yesterday (Mac Pro running 1.6.2, and running LR in 64 bit mode), and I just tried, using some shots I made with a demo camera (still waiting for my own), and it worked without a hitch. I´ve clicked around a lot now, both on these, and on some earlier imported ones. Read the Adobe thread, and just can´t recognize any of the problems and symptoms there....

Are you using a card reader or a direct USB connected camera when importing?
I havent even tried importing. This problem is with existing images already imported into LR2.3 via firewire reader . I have had the camera now for about 10 weeks ( I was lucky getting it! ) Had no problems up to now. Am using mac pro with 10.6.2. I have images in my lightroom library from lots of different cameras .... no others so far cause this problem.The leica files are uncompressed DNGs . As soon as I click on one and go to develop LR quits. The only work around Ive seen is to run LR in 32 bit mode.

will try importing some images to see if that works .... if it does then some corruption has occurred when upgrading ?

very strange.

JOHN

jklotz

From what I understand, there is a bug in the new version of LR that causes this. A workaround, although not the most pleasant of propositions, is to locate the application, "apple I" (get info), then select 32 bit mode. Apparently this fixes the problem, however, LR will now be running in 32 bit mode, which is slower. Adobe knows about this, so expect a fix soon.

Hope this helps