The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

M8 base plate?

durrIII

Well, wouldn't you know it? I was just sitting here taking the battery out of my M8 and dropped the base plate. The camera is fine, but it dented the baseplate on one edge. I pushed the dent out and it goes back on fine, BUT I am a bit OCD about my cameras and I would like to know if I can buy a new baseplate for the M8? thanks and Merry Christmas morning!

monza

I got a parts price once on the baseplate, it was more than the price of the M8 grip. Maybe you could try one of those instead.

durrIII

Thanks guys. I may have to live with it. I have done my best to repair it and most people would not notice it. But I will!

tom in mpls

Thanks guys. I may have to live with it. I have done my best to repair it and most people would not notice it. But I will!
I think it would make me cukoo, too. I suspect a very high percentage of OCD in members here. Obviously I include myself.

glenerrolrd

Workshop Member
They were over $300 from the parts department in NJ when the M8 came out. I had replaced my original with the M8 grip plate and left the original at a vacation house ..then I bought a Luigi case and needed the original. You can order directly and pay full retail or you can have any dealer order it for you.