The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Happy M-9 Birthday to Me

aboudd

;) Two weeks short of my XXth birthday (not Roman numerals), after a few months on several waiting lists, I got notice today of the impending arrival of my bi-color M9. Fit to be tied? You betcha!

glenerrolrd

Workshop Member
;) Two weeks short of my XXth birthday (not Roman numerals), after a few months on several waiting lists, I got notice today of the impending arrival of my bi-color M9. Fit to be tied? You betcha!
Prepare to be amazed ! :thumbup:

C

Chris_R

Congratulations! What a great birthday present.

Best Regards
Chris

T

thinkfloyd

Congrats! I hope when I celebrate my XXth birthday, I get an M11! :)

aboudd

Waited around the house all day for UPS to arrive - at 4:37 the doorbell rang and what did Brown do for me? Brought me my little M9. I had some reservations about the grey, but it is has a cool vibe to it. I think I will like it just fine. Now I have to get used to having this tiny camera (compared to the D3x with a 24 PC-E mounted) in my big mitts.
I hope to post something worthwhile after the weekend.

KurtKamka

Subscriber Member
Wonderful news! Simply put a 35mm or 50mm lens on the camera and spend an afternoon walking around someplace interesting with the camera. Shoot everything you see that engages you and drink in the experience of using the M9. The more you use it, the more it will feel like an extension of your curiosity.

Happy shooting.

Kurt

jonoslack

Enjoy! Congratulations!
Don't have any grey remorse . . I'm lucky enough to have one of each, and I think the grey is splendid.

Did I say 'enjoy'!

all the best

P

palodoma

I'm happy for you....
...but I would have been happier if I were in your shoes.

Congratulations

mathomas

If you decide you'd prefer an M8, I would trade for my black M8. If so, PM me. :D

And ... congrats!