The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

SDHC for M8?

Maggie O

I was wondering if there were any 4GB cards that will work with the M8?

I've got a 2GB SanDisk eXtreme III in my camera now and was wondering if the 4GB version of that card would work.

Or, are we limited to 2GB cards?

LJL

Maggie,
Unless something changed very recently, no SDHC cards work in M8. For 4GB, I have been using some Ridata Pro 4GB 150x cards without a problem since day one. Others are equally happy with the 4GB cards from Transcend, I believe (ask Guy, he is using them). Do not have any ideas about the SanDisk cards, but if SDHC, forget it for now.

LJ

Maggie O

::crosses fingers for eXtreme III compatibility::

I've got a 4GB eXtreme III in my D-Lux 3 and would love to use it in the M8. But I don't want to just go and try it and wind up frying it (or the camera) or something, you know?

dfarkas

Workshop Member
::crosses fingers for eXtreme III compatibility::

I've got a 4GB eXtreme III in my D-Lux 3 and would love to use it in the M8. But I don't want to just go and try it and wind up frying it (or the camera) or something, you know?
Maggie,

You won't fry the camera. The green LED memory card light will just blink forever unitl you turn the camera off. No damage to card or camera. It just won't work, that's all.

We carry Transcend, but they only offer 4GB in SDHC now. They used to make a 4GB non-SDHC, but not anymore.

David

Bob Parsons

I purchased 8 Transcend 4GB TS4GSD150 150x cards when I got my M8 just a year ago. Not only are they now more difficult to find but the price in the UK has doubled in the meantime. Leica really needs to address SDHC compatibility. At least the 2GB Sandisk Ultra II cards I also use are still available and continue to drop in price.

Bob.