The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The M9 as a Landscape camera

otumay

Jonathan, you are unbelievable! Those shots, especially the first and the last got me thinking 'I wish I took those'. Highly appreciated.
Best,
A jealous admirer

jonoslack

Jonathan, you are unbelievable! Those shots, especially the first and the last got me thinking 'I wish I took those'. Highly appreciated.
Best,
A jealous admirer
HI Osman
Thank you for the kind words . . . I was wondering whether I might have 'overplayed my hand' a bit on the last one.
all the best

jonoslack

Congratulations!
You are going to love it!

Here are a couple more . . . . I'm going to have to be banned from this thread!

The seating at St Stavros with Gavdos in the background (WATE, M9)
10th September 2009

2000 year old Olive Tree at Livaniana (WATE, M9)
11th September 2009

KurtKamka

Subscriber Member
I used the M8 and like using the M9 as a landscape camera because I swim upstream in how I shoot landscape shots. I like a little more softness and/or dreaminess in my landscape shots so I often shoot wide open with faster glass.

This works for urban landscapes as well as non-urban landscapes.

Kurt

DavidE

When combined with a wide-angle lens, the M8 can produce lovely shots with edge-to-edge sharpness. I shot this on a rainy day handheld at 1/30 of a second using the 18mm Super-Elmar.

[My server tends to be slow. You may have to hit the refresh button if the image doesn't load the first time.]

Don Libby

I want to express my thanks to all who've posted their landscape images here as it just goes to reinforce my thoughts about the M9 being a great companion camera to my Cambo WRS1000/P45+. Now all I need to do is settle on which body parts I don't need in order to get the kit...

:D
Don

Don Libby

Down to 1 1/2 lungs and one kidney (used the other for medium format gear). I had sold plasma when I was younger but I think I need to keep what I have for now. Guess I'm back to offering protection services for the folks that pick up cans...

:D :eek:

Alnitak

Great shots!
I really hope CV15 + M9 will work in terms of color shift. I've read that latest CornerFix version solves that.
I also wonder how CV12 would work with M9. Someone posted some samples - were looking great, only big vignetting, but for me it is acceptable.
The CV 12mm works great. It's got less of a red edge problem than the 15 and is easily corrected with Cornerfix if you want. Here's a couple of images from this past weekend, when I was in London:

I personally think this lens might be a bit too wide for most landscapes, and is better for interior/architectural shots like these, but I can see some situations where it could be used for outdoor landscapes. I am sure to try it soon.

Jeff