The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The M9 as a Landscape camera

J

Jeff Day

Hey Matt,

You're exactly right - Roozen-Gaarde. I went up to La Conner after the Seattle Leica Road Show stop, but the fields were already down due to the early Spring weather, so I went over to Roozen instead - a beautiful place!

Best,

Jeff

Don Libby

Someone made a comment on another site saying the Leica M9 wasn't suiable for landscape photography - as soon as I read that rather lame comment I thought of this thread.

Don

thrice

I hope you linked him as well Don!

Here's one from today, please click for full-size, it's quite wide so didn't want to stretch the forum page by posting full size.

Don Libby

I hope you linked him as well Don!

Here's one from today, please click for full-size, it's quite wide so didn't want to stretch the forum page by posting full size.

Beautifull! :clap:

I had thought of linking this thread however I felt I'd be dealing with a closed mind and thought it'd only be a waste of time....

Don

donbga

The result was taken to photoshop where I used a glimpse of Topaz Adjust wich brings up microcontrast and gives an HDR like touch to the scene. the big tree on the left and some rocks has been dodge too...So as you can see there is post production on this picture but the material was there in the DNG !!
I enjoyed both shots but knew there had to be some PP going on there some where. The images just looked a little too mellow for something coming out of the back of an M9.

Great work!

Don Bryant

C_R

Great thread here, some of the best landscapes I have seen for a while !

Elmarit 28 Asph., 90 sec exposure (the diffused red hues in the sky are from Calima, desert sand in the sky coming from Africa. The orange hue on the rocks is from natrium lamp light, from hotels on the beach....)

CV15/4.5II and (custom made) grad ND

Noctilux 1.0 (2 x 2 mosaic stitch)

CV15/4.5 II, two landscape formats stitched for a square