The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

21 lux on the way

I've been thinking hard about this lens for a long time and especially since the M9 arrived. I got a wonderful price from a dealer I can't name as he only had 2 he could sell at this price, and I couldn't resist. I'm excited by the possibilities of this lens, from club music venues to landscape, I just had to share that excitement with folks who understand! Should have some impressions and images by next week. best...Peter

jklotz

Of course, Peter, you realize I was saying I was jealous of your acquisition, not that I actually hate you. :)

Paratom

Congratulations.
My head said no and my stomach said yes when I wondered if I shoot exchange my 24 Elmarit with the Lux.
After receiving it I have to say there is a clear difference and a certain look one can achieve with an f1.4 ultra-wirdeangle lens and I am very happy with my 24Lux.
I am sure the same will happen to you with the 21Lux.
I head a hard time deciding between the two but for my purpose the 24 seemed the lens where I would want f1.4 and that look more often than with 21. I admit though that it was a hard choice and some images I saw from the 21 Lux were very impressive.
Show us some images as soon as you get the lens.

fotografz

Wahoo! You are going to LOVE that lens! :thumbs:

I've been shooting with the 24/1.4 ASPH for some time now ... and it's amazing to see OOF areas with a super-wide this sharp and subjects shot close up.

I'm tempted to add the 21 also .... can't wait to see some stuff from yours.

-Marc

jonoslack

Of course, Peter, you realize I was saying I was jealous of your acquisition, not that I actually hate you. :)
Well, I actually hate him . . . and anyone else who has one of these:ROTFL:

Congratulations Peter - I hope you're very happy together.

Actually I think I'm more jealous of Thomas with the 24 - either way, it's as far away from me right now as an S2!

The 24 vs 21 lux debate went on in my head for a while. I decided that my 28 cron would give me a somewhat similar degree of subject separation wide open as the 24 would. I also wanted to explore a wider lens, and figured I would get more use from the 21 lux than a WATE as I do so much low light work. I also have a chrome 24 elmarit I am very fond of....though I may let it go after the 21 arrives and works it's way into the field. Did you hear that Jono, I put your name on it! ;>) best....Peter

Double Negative

Not Available
I've been thinking hard about this lens for a long time and especially since the M9 arrived. I got a wonderful price from a dealer I can't name as he only had 2 he could sell at this price, and I couldn't resist. I'm excited by the possibilities of this lens, from club music venues to landscape, I just had to share that excitement with folks who understand! Should have some impressions and images by next week. best...Peter
Hey, waitaminute - you're in Huntington? So am I!

Congrats on the lens - very sweet. I've been tossing around the idea of the 24 Lux myself (if I stick with the M8) though I'm leaning towards an M9 and/or a Nocti lately.