The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

another point of view on the x1

Paratom

Wouldnt the x1 be the only real pockable camer which offers high IQ?
I mean the micro 4/3 would probably offer nearly as good IQ (and are much more flexible regding taking all kinds of lenses) but they are not pockable.

roanjoh

Is there a side by side of the x1 next to the m4/3? I'm thinking they are the same size. Also, don't discount the DP1 - a slow camera but produces excellent images.

Paratom

The sharpness and detail one gets from the dp1/dp2 is great, however I find the colors (specially skin) can look somewhat unbalanced plus as soon as you go up in ISO to400 or more you get desaturation which looks like you suck the blood out of faces.
The other thing are pixel - as great as the dp1/2 are, the are somewhat limited regarding print size.
Last thing is focal length which is a personal preference, but for my taste as a one and only focal length 28 is slightly too wide and the dp 40mm slightly too long.
35mm would be ideal (for me).

retow

Ricoh GXR with A12, f4.0, iso 3200, shot raw&jpeg, in camera jpeg, no test, but a simple real life shot where color accuracy and noise matter

Last edited:

Paratom

Ricoh GXR with A12, f4.0, iso 3200, shot raw&jpeg, in camera jpeg, no test, but a simple real life shot where color accuracy and noise matter
looks good.
Personally I would find 50mm FOV too narrow for a 1 lens only setup.
Is there any plan they bring a 35mm FOV lens/focal length with large sensor?

Paratom

Is there a side by side of the x1 next to the m4/3? I'm thinking they are the same size. Also, don't discount the DP1 - a slow camera but produces excellent images.
I think you are right. I had the wrong impression the X1 would be smaller than it actually seems to be. My fault.