The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Leica M9 - Setting a new folder

John Black

I'm trying to separate my old M8 images from the new M9 images. The M8 images started with L10xyyyy.DNG. As the folders rolled over the L10xyyyy.DNG eventually ended up L104yyyy.DNG. With the M9 I'd like to set-up the file prefix to be L105yyyy.DNG. Is there a way to do that? Like a bonehead I reset it, so now it's back to L100yyyy.DNG.

I'm going to drag my last M8 image to an SD card and put that in the M9 and see if I can trick the counter. Probably not the brightest idea, but we'll what happens...

John Black

Okay, answered my own question. Open the SD card, set the folder to 105 and dragged my last M8 image to the folder. Changed its file number to L105xxxx.DNG. Shot a frame on the M9 and the next image was in chronological order. If there are any subsequent ill effects, I'll update this post later.