The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The X1

barjohn

One thing i didn't see you mention on the X1 was the lens quality of the X1. Despite many claims of high quality there are several threads on the LUF that talk about its CA fringing and the fact that you can't use C1 to process because it doesn't remove the fringing the way that LR Beta 3 does.

ashwinrao1

Just got mine, and I am enjoying it....basically, I can push and process pics as I would hope!

No action shots here, but seems to do well with portraits and street.

D

daggerlee

this might be too much to ask, but could somebody make a video of the X1 in manual focus mode with shutter release, so we can get an idea for the shutter lag?

ashwinrao1

added noise in post processing using color efex pro and ektachrome 400 setting. I like the aesthetic of the noise. I can post "clean" images soon. The out-of-camera images are very clean....I was adding some grit...

retow

this might be too much to ask, but could somebody make a video of the X1 in manual focus mode with shutter release, so we can get an idea for the shutter lag?
There is no noticable shutter lag in mf mode. See my mf pictures in the "X1 pictures" thread.