The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Shots from the Newport Guitar Festival

etrigan63

The Newport Guitar Festival was held in Miami Beach last weekend. I just finished getting my gallery uploaded. I had help covering this event in the form of my 10-year old daughter Melissa as assistant photographer. She was packing a Canon SD750 point & shoot while I carried my trusty M8 + Nokton 40 mm.

This was not a music festival, it was a luthier convention. Luthiers are guitar-makers. All of the instruments here are hand-made, sometimes taking almost 2 1/2 years from order to delivery and costing up to $50,000.

Intricate carvings by Blueberry Guitars

Amazing fret bar designs

Carving closeup

Russ Strobel Folding Guitar

etrigan63

Shots from the Newport Guitar Festival, Cont'd

Vintage Double-Guitar going for $32,000

Doolin Guitar Harp

EVD Instruments Banjolins

Plant Guitars answers the question: "What if Jules Verne designed electric guitars?"

The rest of the set can be seen here. (84 images total)

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator
Carlos,
You captured some amazing instruments. Do you have any shots to post that your assistant took? (I looked through the gallery and I could tell by the file names which ones your assistant took, but give her credit on here!)

Last edited:

etrigan63

Here are some of Mel's best:

And one of my lovely assistant

The Blueberry Guitar Fret Bar, Russ Strobel Folding Guitar, and the Vintage Double-Guitar images are hers as well.

jonoslack

Hi There
Wonderful stuff - I love the Plant guitars - wonderful and wierd, but, of course, the star of the piece is the gorgeous Melissa.